Arai Helmets

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I am a helmet junkie and love the Arai.

I've got a profile sinister now, which is my favorite and really rocks
super.gif

However, the helmet group buy is on and it's hard to pass up...would like a Corsair.

My question is:

How does (or how much better is) the Corsair vs the Profile? Is there really a noticible difference or is "upgrading" to Corsair just a waste of money?

Opinions please...

different shape you know?

my corsair rocks in every function, but a little loud.

If you ride in hot weather at all the corsair will pay for itself. Lighter and great ventilation. I wear ear plugs always so the noise thing some have stated over the years is a non issue for me. I am just digging any of the Racer designs they have out now. Except maybe the Haga Replica.

End of the day though make sure you get the one that fits best. I went from a 3XL Signet (don't laugh) to a 2XL Corsair and it actually fit alot better!

Happy hunting!
beerchug.gif

(Revolution @ Sep. 04 2007,09:19) different shape you know?
Rugh-Rough....I didn't notice that.

The Profile fits me perfect, I was thinking they were both oval fit.

research time

Profile and Corsair are supposted to be both intermediate oval head shape.

I have the profile and it is the only helmet that fits my head. I am long from forehead to rear of head. None of the other ARAIs fit me like the profile.

(Revolution @ Sep. 04 2007,13:38) profile is narrower [.]

cool.gif
Your right, profile is long oval...

I occasionally wear a Shoei RF-1000 and it feels pretty good but I don't see interior head styles for a shoei

What head shape would ya' reckon an RF-1000 is?

(Justyntym @ Sep. 04 2007,11:22) However, the helmet group buy is on and it's hard to pass up...would like a Corsair.

What is the price for a Cosair with this group buy? I picked up a Matsudo Cobra and Hayden Laguna this year. I am now looking for an Edwards 07 GP.

I looked but couldn't find it anywere. Also can you post a link?

Thank You

Corsair is sweet...but have you ever tried on of these
rock.gif

Suomy Spec 1R Extreme
beerchug.gif

extreme_am_eagle.jpg

Back