Apple Iphone

and that is probably MOST businesses. no wonder our economy is crap now, huh? it wasn't terrorists, it's enabling technology. I've seen reports on this before and done my own audits also. this is a HUGE hidden problem with companies

Yep, the 80% didnt surprise me either. I guess productivity is the question. In the 1950's did they do crossword puzzles when things were slow. Have things gotten worse with the internet or did it just replace previous lower tech time/produtivity killers?

Roger that! The Blackberry may be better by next year with another version. I never buy the first verison of anything! 2 many bugs to work out!

Thanks for the info, I still have a year left on the current plan, hopefully they will let me do an early upgrade and give me that posted price, instead of a higher one.

Yep, called "tethered modem capability" my home computer can become high speed, wooo hooo. :cheerleader:

Blackberry Storm supports this as well, some folks here at work do this. Our I.T Manager says the only drawback is that is bypasses our firewall.

yep but that software doesnt require you to pay verizon or who ever the monthly tether charge :whistle: Plus you can get calls while connected, just like on the phone, just pauses your internet connection while talking :thumbsup:

yep but that software doesnt require you to pay verizon or who ever the monthly tether charge :whistle: Plus you can get calls while connected, just like on the phone, just pauses your internet connection while talking :thumbsup:

Sweeeeet:thumbsup:

yessss sir... its good shid, cant see paying verizon/sprint 15/month (180/yr) for something a $40 software app can do for the one price (plus free upgrades)

Now, I only know it works because I "tried" the 1.8 version for about a year :whistle:

I highly recommend the iPhone3G. As for the Blackbery Storm, I'd read David Pogue's (Tech Editor for NY Times) rant before I bought one.

It looks to be a nice phone, I havent played with one yet , I might half to get one when I' m eligible!
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm NOT eligible for another year but...........have been doing some homework, apparently "sometimes" you can jump the gun on the upgrade.

If you buy a "Verizon" phone from ebay, cost to switch over is minimal. Here is some interesting info I found on the "internet"
If you are a verizon customer and have had your phone for less than 2 years. You need one b/c you broke yours or lost it or whatever the case. Your options are limited. It really depends on who you talk to. If you go to the store and try to upgrade your phone many salespeople will say SORRY NOT ELIGIBLE. the truth is you might be eligible for the discount price if you had the phone for at least 1 year. You should speak to the manager or call customer service for an approval. But even if they allow you to get the early upgrade your facing a dilemma.
1. YOU MUST FORFEIT YOUR FUTURE 100 DOLLAR CREDIT.
2. YOU MUST SIGN A 2 YR AGREEMENT WITH A 59.99 PLAN OR HIGHER.
3. THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU CAN GET AN EARLY UPGRADE.
THESE RESULTS ARE ACTUALLY WORSE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. THEY WILL BOTHER YOU IN THE LONGRUN. THEREFORE MY SUGGESTION WOULD BE TO TRY TO FIND AN ALTERNATE ROUTE. EBAY IS ONE GOOD ALT. ROUTE B/C YOU CAN FIND A GOOD PHONE FOR LESS THAN $100 AND YOU WONT FORFEIT YOUR 100 DOLLAR CREDIT OR RENEW YOUR CONTRACT.

If you buy a "Verizon" phone on ebay and have them activate:

(Question) So i bought a blackberry 7250 off of ebay for a great price and was wondering how much it would cost to activate it. I'm currently in the middle of a 2 year contract and would just be switching to the new phone and not breaking the contract?

(Answer) just swaping equipment wont cost you anything, they mandatory data pkg will, however.

Blackberrys require at least the $24.99/10MB data pkg (with $44.99 unlim MB also available)

If you have any contrary information or experience please chime in, Thanks, John

Yep, the 80% didnt surprise me either. I guess productivity is the question. In the 1950's did they do crossword puzzles when things were slow. Have things gotten worse with the internet or did it just replace previous lower tech time/produtivity killers?
I installed hardware firewalls and the productivity went up here... in the medical offices, they must have "net" access to check patient eligibility etc but after about 3 weeks, my whitelist was pretty complete..

I installed hardware firewalls and the productivity went up here... in the medical offices, they must have "net" access to check patient eligibility etc but after about 3 weeks, my whitelist was pretty complete..

We have "Barracuda" firewall here

Interesting article, certainly the most negetive I have read yet. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem; I always like to hear the good and the bad, and Pogue is a pretty fair judge of all things tech. Let us know what you decide.

Sounds like you've already decided to go a different route, but from my experience, the iPhone on AT&T's non 3g network is painfully slow.

I got the blackberry storm and love mine. To be fair most of them reviews were done BEFORE the software update. The phone is MUCH better now and will continue to get better. Another update is being released soon and the app store will open in march.

My internet is super fast (with the help of the Opera browser) pages load nearly as fast as my pc, I love to type on it and the battery life is fantastic. I love my storm more and more everyday. Come march things are really going to start moving with this thing!

There is even a dyno app being released for it in march that measures your hp torque and lateral g-force!

Last edited:
Running with the Storm myself,and havent had any problems. If it makes any difference to you the camera on it is better (as far as phones go) for taking pics of your Busa.. :thumbsup:

Back