Apple Iphone

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
My work is compaining about personal internet usage, my boss just got an Iphone. I'm not sure which one he got because he is on vacation until next Monday.

Anyway, maybe this is for me? Lots of info on the internet about it.

Which Iphone do you have? Which plan, how much per month? do you like?

Thanks, John

P.S Some ebay stores selling "Unlocked" Iphones, could I purchase and use with my existing Verizon account?

Last edited:
Been doing some more reading..........Seems AT&T coverage stinks out where I live, maybe I need to upgrade to a Blackberry through Verizon,(even though I would prefer a Iphone)?

Seems "3G" is much better supported ,(where I live), by Verizon, maybe the Blackberry Storm is the way to go? Anyone have it? Like it?

Link:

Enter your location

Last edited:
you will surf on your PHONE on work time instead of their network? how does that help? :)

you will surf on your PHONE on work time instead of their network? how does that help? :)

Clogs up my pipeline instead of theirs. They trust my time management, but their internal audit shows 80% of company internet is personal not business.

In addition I have dialup at home. I can tether my Blackberry Storm,(to my home computer), to get high speed.

If your in a 3G area, get the new iPhone 3G, pretty fast. The plan is $30 a month + what ever your cell phone bill is. Its the greatest thing since sliced bread!

If your in a 3G area, get the new iPhone 3G, pretty fast. The plan is $30 a month + what ever your cell phone bill is. Its the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Looks like Verizon 3G is in my area but not AT&T 3G, so at the moment it looks like Ill get the Blackberry Storm. Storm looks like a close second to Iphone.

you can also check out the PDANet software. PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac They have it for the windows mobile, palm and iphone. Allows you to use your phone's internet connection for your computer/laptop. I use it, works great and can save you a pile if you use it.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. I love my treo, hear good things about the storm too :thumbsup:

you can also check out the PDANet software. PdaNet -- Use your iPhone as a Wireless Router for your PC/Mac They have it for the windows mobile, palm and iphone. Allows you to use your phone's internet connection for your computer/laptop. I use it, works great and can save you a pile if you use it.

Just thought I'd throw it out there. I love my treo, hear good things about the storm too :thumbsup:

Yep, called "tethered modem capability" my home computer can become high speed, wooo hooo. :cheerleader:

Blackberry Storm supports this as well, some folks here at work do this. Our I.T Manager says the only drawback is that is bypasses our firewall.

there is a hack on I-hackedit.com where you can make other phones act/behave like an iphone check it out

Not to hijack a thread, but look at the Samsung Ominia before buying the Blackberry Storm. It's a whole lot faster in response time...JM2C!!

I have the iPod touch and it is awesome. No phone capability but if you have a wifi network you are almost as good as a lapto for surfing the web. Plus no usage fees

Not to hijack a thread, but look at the Samsung Ominia before buying the Blackberry Storm. It's a whole lot faster in response time...JM2C!!

No prob, I appreciate the input. I think to upgrade my current Verizon service is the cheapest way to go, $200.00 for the phone. Ill see if Verizon offers the Samsung. Thanks

their internal audit shows 80% of company internet is personal not business.

and that is probably MOST businesses. no wonder our economy is crap now, huh? it wasn't terrorists, it's enabling technology. I've seen reports on this before and done my own audits also. this is a HUGE hidden problem with companies

No prob, I appreciate the input. I think to upgrade my current Verizon service is the cheapest way to go, $200.00 for the phone. Ill see if Verizon offers the Samsung. Thanks

I'm a Verizon customer also. they have the Samaung witha 70.00 rebate. Basically the phone itself comes to 130.00. But I have problem paying for internet usage= 30.00 xtra! O' well I bought it for the wife:laugh:

I'm a Verizon customer also. they have the Samaung witha 70.00 rebate. Basically the phone itself comes to 130.00. But I have problem paying for internet usage= 30.00 xtra! O' well I bought it for the wife:laugh:

Thanks for the info, I still have a year left on the current plan, hopefully they will let me do an early upgrade and give me that posted price, instead of a higher one.

Back