Anyone want to unrestrict me?

Stp rate is same in 1st and fifth , just copy one and make all same ?
What is good fan temp ?
Why remove soft cut ?

Yes, copy/paste stp opening rate from one to the others.

I've never done any temperature gun testing so I have no evidence; however, I tend to think that even though the gen2 does not run hot, that possibly cooling it down any at all is positive somewhere, whether really noticeable or not.
Keeping in mind that all Busas on all continents fans come on at the same time, but some of those bikes are operated regulary in extreme heat. So, if you're sitting in traffic on a 100 degree day, would it not be beneficial that the fans came on 10 degrees sooner than they normally do? Even if it meant that the fans on earlier now held the bike's engine temperature down only 1 degree, if any. Or at least take it a little longer to reach the same high temp. Considering that 212 Degrees F is boiling, and 211 is just really hot.
I've ran my gen2 Busa for 3 winters like this, and now I have my B-king this way.
At no time did the bikes ever get up to operating temperature any slower than normal, even below freezing(32 F) and down into the teens.
I'ver done a lot of other Busas and B-Kings this way and it's never been an issue.
One of these days when I have the time and reasonable outdoor temps, I'm going to do some temp gun readings at different times. Let the bike completely cool, set the fans much lower at try again.
Until then, my guesstimation is 10 degrees sooner, and it's done in 5 degree incraments.
This is only my opinion.

The fuel soft cut is a conservative limiter that begins cutting fuel to the cylinders individually. Remove it and the bike will redline roughly 600rpm higher(it can be set even higher if the engine has been internally built to need it).
The fuel hardcut is still in effect, which cuts fuel to all cylinders. You still have a functioning rev limiter.
Supposedly some near stock bikes, depending on exhaust, can continue to make hp past the soft cut. The bike would likely have to be dyno tuned to utilize it.
However, why not? It's gone, and out of the way, even for future modification.
If you can't tell when you're over revving a gear, or know exactly when to shift to make best use of power, then the soft cut is for you.
I would also like to be able to pass the soft cut limit in 6th gear in a top speed run. Would it help? Can't say for certain, but you'de at least get every hp and mph out of it before it gave up. Otherwise, it's kinda pointless to eliminate the top speed limiter.
If you can pass 186mph, great. If you can do 195mph, even better! So I would like every possibility for everything the engine has to offer.
Once I can afford the full exhaust I want, I'll take my B-King to Lee's Performance in Charlotte NC for an Ecu Editor dyno tune. I'll let them make it just right.
Until then, clicking a few buttons makes a noticeable difference and a more aggressive bike. Which is what I want.

Yes, copy/paste stp opening rate from one to the others.

I've never done any temperature gun testing so I have no evidence; however, I tend to think that even though the gen2 does not run hot, that possibly cooling it down any at all is positive somewhere, whether really noticeable or not.
Keeping in mind that all Busas on all continents fans come on at the same time, but some of those bikes are operated regulary in extreme heat. So, if you're sitting in traffic on a 100 degree day, would it not be beneficial that the fans came on 10 degrees sooner than they normally do? Even if it meant that the fans on earlier now held the bike's engine temperature down only 1 degree, if any. Or at least take it a little longer to reach the same high temp. Considering that 212 Degrees F is boiling, and 211 is just really hot.
I've ran my gen2 Busa for 3 winters like this, and now I have my B-king this way.
At no time did the bikes ever get up to operating temperature any slower than normal, even below freezing(32 F) and down into the teens.
I'ver done a lot of other Busas and B-Kings this way and it's never been an issue.
One of these days when I have the time and reasonable outdoor temps, I'm going to do some temp gun readings at different times. Let the bike completely cool, set the fans much lower at try again.
Until then, my guesstimation is 10 degrees sooner, and it's done in 5 degree incraments.
This is only my opinion.

The fuel soft cut is a conservative limiter that begins cutting fuel to the cylinders individually. Remove it and the bike will redline roughly 600rpm higher(it can be set even higher if the engine has been internally built to need it).
The fuel hardcut is still in effect, which cuts fuel to all cylinders. You still have a functioning rev limiter.
Supposedly some near stock bikes, depending on exhaust, can continue to make hp past the soft cut. The bike would likely have to be dyno tuned to utilize it.
However, why not? It's gone, and out of the way, even for future modification.
If you can't tell when you're over revving a gear, or know exactly when to shift to make best use of power, then the soft cut is for you.
I would also like to be able to pass the soft cut limit in 6th gear in a top speed run. Would it help? Can't say for certain, but you'de at least get every hp and mph out of it before it gave up. Otherwise, it's kinda pointless to eliminate the top speed limiter.
If you can pass 186mph, great. If you can do 195mph, even better! So I would like every possibility for everything the engine has to offer.
Once I can afford the full exhaust I want, I'll take my B-King to Lee's Performance in Charlotte NC for an Ecu Editor dyno tune. I'll let them make it just right.
Until then, clicking a few buttons makes a noticeable difference and a more aggressive bike. Which is what I want.

Ive been playing with the editor before getting a interface. the stp rates wont stay. I can copy and past them but wont save to gear. when I go to another gear and go back to gear its back to original settings. any Idea what Im doing wrong?

thanks

Woolich Racing Tuned software. Its free download as well. Think all new development is going towards that as opposed to ECUeditor.

Back