want to buy a unrestricted model

Come across as an arrogant a$$ and you get what you get.
I might have came in as an ignorant ass,but not certainly an arrogant one.
I belong to other forums (not bike related) and know just how the noobs get treated! I aint a pussy,I can handle it.

But I have a question for you? Where did you get the information that the "limited" is not as fast as the unrestricted?
Go back and read my post,I never said this.
When I do buy my busa,and I run into fanatics like you guys are (no pun intended) I dont wanna have to say: "yea,it's the limited one...."

Anyway,I am going to try to post a pic of the bike that I built from scratch,No it's not a jap bike,but it has 135 RWH so hopefully this will earn me a little respect from you guys.
I built this bike with the best of everything,I got ova 30 k into it.And please don't think that I am here trying to show it off.
I like all different styles of bikes.

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Okay, I'll bite. Please repeat exactly what your question is so no one gets it wrong. For example, are you asking what the difference between the unrestricted ('99 and '00) model and restricted ('01 and up) model is? Are you asking whether you can put a 220 MPH speedo faceplate on an '01 and up model? Won't take anything away from you that bike looks good. Respect is given in different ways for different reasons, though.

Well,I'm looking to find any good info (links or anything) that can get me up to snuff with this bike.I already know that this is the next bike for me.
I do not want to come here and ask 1 question after the other,if anyone has some good info links,history,changes ect..made throughout the years it would be apreciated.
I am not looking to get spoonfed,but I did some searching and didn't find what I was looking for.
I like reading up on stuff like this,so I know what teh hell I'm talking about when I'm out on the street and talking bikes!

Sounds stupid but I wanna know why the changed to the 'Limited ' model...Was it legislation? any good reading for me on this bike subject is good for me.

Thanks for understanding what I'm looking for,and yes,I will have one of these bikes...

hey brendanp  nice looking custom.  As far as unristriced that is the 99-00 models  but you can buy a new one, buy a 220 speedo(will have to get it calibrated with bike), get a TRE(timing retard eliminator) will derestrict the bike  the TRE will make your bike turn slower 1/4 mile times (slower down low) but you'll get a few more MPH up top.  I really think that you'll be please for awhile stock.  I mean if you get to thinking about it, it takes a car turning in excess of 850+horsepower just to run with a STOCK BUSA. So when I say its fast enough stock trust me but if you want faster there are guys on here that do have those too.   Big Bores, Big Bores w/nitrous, Turbos,   You wanna see fast find the Video with ROBOPTIs  Busa going to 220(or faster) in the time it takes me to go to 140-150  He has seen 248 mph on gps so you can make anything you want it just takes $$$$ hope this helps and welcome to the board. These guys on here will help you, just take some time and get to know them and they'll give you more info than you could ever want or use.

<!--EDIT|onerabidshark
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128435287 -->

Well,I'm looking to find any good info (links or anything) that  can get me up to snuff with this bike.I already know that this is the next bike for me.
I do not want to come here and ask 1 question after the other,if anyone has some good info links,history,changes ect..made throughout the years it would be apreciated.
I am not looking to get spoonfed,but I did some searching and  didn't find what I was looking for.
I like reading up on stuff like this,so I know what teh hell I'm talking about when I'm out on the street and talking bikes!

Sounds stupid but I wanna know why the changed to the 'Limited ' model...Was it legislation? any good reading for me on this bike subject is good for me.

Thanks for understanding what I'm looking for,and yes,I will have one of these bikes...
There are not many one stop, find everything about the Busa kinda sites, but here's one that may help some <a href="http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/hayabusa.htm">Suzuki Hayabusa Resource<a>. For other info, you can search this board or ask the question.

Back