Unrestricting the 2002

You guys are talking over my head with the 6.8 and PC3R and the EMS but I know one thing........

I wanna hit 200
crazy.gif

Busahigg, you be careful! Don't sacrifice safety for desire. I have gone 191 on the gps. I still look on that ride as daring at best. I know you will be safe. I am not an expert by far but I worry. I remember a phrase my father said before he died. "Accuracy before speed" Just a suggestion here. I found a road with very little imperfections. I would run 0-120 like 5 times.. then 0- 140 5 times.. then 0- 160 5 times and so on...I had the dicipline to shut her down at the desired mark each time. not pushing. when I reached the 0-180 5 times then and only then I pushed the 190 mark. I tried it 5 times. I rode with a tank bag that had my gps on the top and it forced my head to be higher than the windscreen. I dont think I could have hit 200 in this configuration. So next time I will try for 200 after I get the new windscreen that is stock shaped and rimmed with carbon fiber. I have a zero gravity double bubble now and that just is too much of a drag coefficient to hit 200 on a busa with only mods being an exhausts and airfilter and a TRE. I will also remove the mirrors for my 200mph attempts.

My advice (which is of course not expert) is to set your goals incremented like I did. Reach them one at a time over a few hours. Accuracy before speed. Speed will come naturally when accuracy has been achieved.

Just my .02

Kerberos,

I remember a phrase my father said before he died. "Accuracy before speed" Just a suggestion here[/QUOTE]

This was pun...Correct???

Kerberos,

I remember a phrase my father said before he died. "Accuracy before speed" Just a suggestion here

This was pun...Correct???[/QUOTE]
hehe, no not a pun. just something he used to say. He was a huey pilot in viet nam flying dust off medivac, also gunships in the first air cav. In korea he flew the fixed wing as well as h-21s and several other choppers... Agent orange got him and he lost several major organ functions in the space of about 2 years. but I always remember his lessons. you dont become a CWO3 after two tours in nam as a huey pilot and not have learned a few things.

Back