want to buy a unrestricted model

Aquaman

Banned Permanently By MC Mustang
I am new to the hayabusa motorcycle and want to purchase one. I was told that they don't make the unrestricted model (220 speedo) anymore,just the limited is this true?
If not where do I find them?

thanks

Hmmmmmmm......How many years have been riding? And what have you Rode?
rock.gif

older hondas (in the 70's) and Harleys.
I want something that can really rip,now how bout the info,huh,huh

Welcome. If you are new to the Busa how do you know you want an unrestricted one?

Because I dont like to drive slow,and i am the type that wont settle for less
When i bought my truck,i had to have the V10

<!--EDIT|brendanp
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128368575 -->

Just saw your other post. No difference between the unrestricted and restricted bikes other than you now have to overcome some built-in restrictions to get above 186 stock. Most people will not see that and if they do have done other performance mods to the bike to get there. So maybe you should try to find out about the bike, in general, first.

for the 2-8 mph difference if that much, whats it matter, you'll prolly never see it but once or twice and trust me its fast enough, you won't be able to look at the gauge anyways, you should have come on here and said I want to buy a 99 or 00 Busa and noone would say anything about it but for your info look in the bikes for sale area on this site, and suzukihayabusa.org and labusas.org

Differences:
99-01 - 16 bit processor,external fuel pump
99-00 - unrestricted after 186 mph ands other can be to with a TRE.
02-up - 32 bit processor,fuel pump internal
03 up - better starter system,clutch cushion from the factory,gold forks and calipers
01-up - steel subframe
05-up - Flash-to-pass headlight button,Headlight cuts off when starter is engaged

Otherwise pretty much the same.

Dudes,not sure what you guys are jumping all ova my case for.I came here for a little education,is the best that you can do is laugh at my ignorance?

Dudes,not sure what you guys are jumping all ova my case for.I came here for a little education,is the best that you can do is laugh at my ignorance?
They are a little hard on the new guys on this site (come off as jerks sometimes) but people tend to come on here and want to be spoon fed the information when they can easily look it up using a search and get the info without having to wait for responses.
I got the same treatment and responses. I found what I wanted with the searches. I think they might warm up to the new guys after a while but don't get bent out of shape over responses on a forum.
If you new anything about the Busa's capabilities you wouldn't worry about the restriction as that can be eliminated.
Good luck, hope you have ridden a little more than just a Hardley. Those bikes just can't prepare you for what a Busa can do.

Well, I don't think he/she got jumped on that bad. When you come here and say that you know nothing (essentially) about the Busa, but want and unrestricted one it strikes a bit of fear in my eyes/heart. And then when asked reply with, "Because I dont like to drive slow,and i am the type that wont settle for less" is sort of asking for a little abuse. If you don't know anything say it, ask your questions and learn. Come across as an arrogant a$$ and you get what you get. How many responses have said that restricted or unrestricted does not matter because he/she will probably never see it anyway?

If you are for real we apologize. Truly. The problem is that we have been jerked off by several ZX12 guys lately and we are now a little gunshy. They come to the board asking some simple questions and we give answers. And then they attack and start talking shyt.
Again, sorry for not being as trusting as we should be.

David

umnik.gif

I am new to the hayabusa motorcycle and want to purchase one. I was told that they don't make the unrestricted model (220 speedo) anymore,just the limited is this true?
If not where do I find them?

thanks
You can find one here.(NOT FOR SALE)
But I have a question for you? Where did you get the information that the "limited" is not as fast as the unrestricted? PLEASE DON'T BRING A BUTTERKNIFE TO A GUNFIGHT and educate yourself. tHANKS

boosa.jpg

yo 7th gear THATS ONE SWEET ASS LOOKING BIKE !!!!!!!you ever check the recall ? mine was done all along lol .someone did it back when and never recorded it. dealer said it happened alot on the 00 since they new about it when they were still on show room floor.

Back