Anyone see 'Cops' tonight? Stand your ground case on it.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
The way it was from Florida and similar in circumstance makes me wonder if just if they would stage something like that? Anybody see it? It was the last case on first episode tonight on Fox. Started at 8 eastern.

For anyone who didn't see it and it curious.
Police get dispatched to a home where the neighbors are fighting. They show up to hear first statement from guy in his carport. Guy says this woman who lives two doors down was walking in the street with her dog in front of his home and all he did was say hey. Then for no reason :whistle: she walks onto his property opens his kitchen door and starts yelling crazy and hit him. He said he got a knife to defend himself at which point she retreated and went and got her boyfriend and came back to confront the guy again. The two came back and again had words on the property of the first guy. Guy still had knife and again made them leave. The knife wielder has a friend who's supposedly a witness and says that's what happened and starts saying 'hey this is florida and we can defend ourselves and STAND OUR GROUND!' this guy is standing there beer in hand. Cops ask what the other two are gonna say and the friend says probably something different but we have rights to STAND OUR GROUND....hic...hic.

So cops go over and ask the girl and boyfriend what happened. She says the guy said to her some sexual oriented comments and that's what got her riled. Now she and boyfriend say the knife guy's friend came at them with a pipe as well. While they are both speaking the cops interupt and say 'but this was on his property, right?' They answered yes. Cops say 'he riled you up, you left AND came back, right?' They answered yes. So it seemed like it was looking bad for them and good for knife wielding home owner. Then cops interview other guys again and friend says 'pipe, what pipe, no pipe?' Then cops talk to home owner in between these two and she says yes he had a pipe, wasn't chasing them but yes was following them wih it in a threatening manner. Cops again confirmed that it did happen on the knife guys property.

So cops go back and ARRREST both guys for aggravated assault with a weapon and only trespassed girl and boyfriend. Both arrestees were like :wtf:

Kinda seems to me like self defense especially since guy with knife was on his own property?
Not sure if friend had a right to threaten them with a pipe but if he honestly thought the other two were gonna hurt or kill his friend than he should be able to protect them with whatever he can right? Given the fact it was here in Florida and guy with beer in hand, said stand your ground and in end turned out to be a liar on pipe issue they arrested the two. Any other time I don't think it would have been picked for the show because they might not have arrested the home owner?

Yeah, that sounds like the typical sort of politicising I see on television. I'd bet the producers of COPS have been gleefully waiting to get some footage of all those crazy crackas down Florida way...

Still, I'm sure this will make Crazyarch happy, what with showing that Florida is entirely populated by evil, violent, racist rednecks and all. :rolleyes:

Is Cops a reality show or all made up? As the law in Fl. sits I don't see anyone getting arrested on their own property.

Cops is real life camera crews with cops on patrol. It's been on for like twenty plus years. It's not re-enactments or anything like that. It was just strange how the one guy said twice loudly 'we can stand our ground!' I think it was real as to fake it and later get caught would be severe. But I think they maybe arrested the two because of what the guy said. They don't want this to create a wave of violence based upon idiots thinking they had right to do so because of the law. They made a public example out of them it seems, well at least the homeowner. He had right to defend and threaten somebody if he felt threatened himself, especially since he was on his own property. Now the friend yes he probably earned the right to be arrested :)

I use to watch Police Women of Broward County:whistle:

ForumRunner_20120331_210853.png

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

ForumRunner_20120331_210853.png

Blanca Boo said:
Hey that was a good show! She can brutalize me anytime.
Heck I wouldn't even report her :laugh:.

Did you see the episode when they went to the beach?
Andrea is HOT!!!

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Back