Anyone running a 45 tooth sprocket genII

I'm running a 45 tooth on my bike and love it. Bike pulls harder at the bottom and gets to redline in 6th faster. Lost about 5mph of top speed but 180 is more than enough.Also put a speedohealer on to correct speedo for gear change. Rev's are about 4200 rpm at 70 in 6th.

I have a 46 on my 08 and it's perfect for me. The bike "feels" like it has alot more torque, and there is plenty of slack and adjustment with the stock chain.

How for off is the speedometer

Mine is still pretty close up to 35mph(going by the roadside radar trailers that show your speed), it shows 39,40. 65 reads around 75,77. It really doesn't get way off til your reading over 100, just as so with stock gearing. That speed doesn't matter anyway, the fuzz will be sure and let you know, every mph cost more:laugh:

Had a 45T Vortex on my bike when I had my Carrozzeria wheels. I think it's one of the best, least expensive mods you can do that gives an immediate, noticeable difference. Anything less then 45 and you really start whacking out the speedometer.

Had a 45T Vortex on my bike when I had my Carrozzeria wheels. I think it's one of the best, least expensive mods you can do that gives an immediate, noticeable difference. Anything less then 45 and you really start whacking out the speedometer.

The speedometer difference between a 45 and 46 isn't noticeable. The speedo is off stock anyway, adding 2 or 3 teeth isn't a dramatic difference at legal speeds.

I'm running 17/45 Vortex sprockets on my 08 and love it, I also have a Speed-O-Healer.

running a 17-45 setup. i like it. really like it now that the bike is 6 over. your speedo is gonna be about 5 percent further off about 10-11 off with the -1 front. the speedo healer i got from boost by smith got me reading right.

I have a 45T also. I like it very much and the speedo error others have mentioned here are what I got also. Have been lazy with the healer because I read off the GPS anyway. Still that's putting miles on the odo that aren't real - problem if you sell it.

I rode the Dragon in third gear all the way. The busa engine really loves 45T ratio. You can see in this video that I never shift

- Digitally Stabilized Motorcycle Video[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I am running a 46t rear vortex sprocket and i really enjoy it. It feels much better to me then my buddies stock setup. But im also extended a bit so that also helps the "fun level" haha. But if your looking for a little extra torque at you disposal i would highly reccommend it.

I switch sprockets around quite often, but the largest I have is the 45t which I use primarily for street/mountain use riding double up. It pulls harder going up the mountains around here.

Believe it or not, I usually run quicker short track times with an aluminum 43t than the 45t...has to do with keeping the front end down and being able to use more throttle~!~

iam also running a 17 front w 45 rear. Tried a 16 front but because I have a 12 over arm the chain was right into the plastic guard on the front of the arm. So the 17 pretty much ended that. Iam a heavy hitter at 300 suited and the gear works good at the track. I can come out pretty hard because of my size.

i have a 18/45 right now and its good, gives you a little more low end, good around town and still very highway friendly with plenty of top end. i ran a gps the other day out of curiosity and at about 81 mph on the speedo i was showing to be running an actual 70 mph. 11 mph off from indicated. you'll prob like it. if you like bringing up the front occasionaly, it's noticeably easier with the 45t. :beerchug:

I guess I'm deeply confused, does not the speedometer run off the front wheel and as long as the front wheel size stays the same the switching of sprockets will not change the instrument reading? Help me refocus please.

I guess I'm deeply confused, does not the speedometer run off the front wheel and as long as the front wheel size stays the same the switching of sprockets will not change the instrument reading? Help me refocus please.

nop, it has a pickup on the drive sprocket

Back