17 tooth front sprocket

Tha One

Registered
Does anyone have any idea what top speed is capable with a 17 tooth front sprocket and the oem 43 tooth rear?

Thanks again. I've been curious for a while as to how much was lost by going down one tooth. This was helpful.

Not really looking for any more top end. I was just curious about how many mph was lost. I like the way the 17 tooth performs.

IMHO you need to raise the rear two teeth and leave the front stock. It's much easier to change and doesn't create chain binding and promote the wear that lower the front sprocket does. Just my opinion.....

Ive been running a 16 tooth in the front for about 10000 miles with no problems,,,chain looks just as good as it did when i first got the bike.

i am switching to stock front and 43 rear...hoping for a little more ummph. i dont care about top end

IMHO you need to raise the rear two teeth and leave the front stock. It's much easier to change and doesn't create chain binding and promote the wear that lower the front sprocket does. Just my opinion.....

Keep in mind the Gen1 used a 17 tooth stock. That size sprocket is not that hard on chains.

Back