rear sprocket

accelerator

Registered
Ordered new 45 tooth STEEL rear sprocket from a vendor. They sent me ALUMINUM.
Was going to do changeout with new rear tire this weekend. Question is should I go with the aluminum or not.

only got about 15k out of mine, went back to steel. front was still good, but the rear was shot.

You'll hear arguments all over the place. I know where you're at and this weather is awesome, so go for it. Adjust it perfectly and maintain it. You can always replace it, maybe even poop talk the vendor into giving you 50% off on the steel one he's shipping to you this week since you had to have it and they messed up. :whistle:

I prefer steel. Although, they say if your tension is spot on and everything is aligned, the chain should not wear the aluminum sprocket. But really, show get's their chain perfect every time?

I guess I'll put the aluminum on. Does anyone know also the speedometer error that I'll get? I also have a speedohealer to put in.

Oh what I would do for a 60 degree day much less an 80 degree day. We have our first track day this coming Saturday and the weather looks cloudy starting out just above freezing at 7:00 AM and reaching MAYBE 50 degrees. :moon:

But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, it should be dry! :thumbsup:

Throw it on and order a steel let the vendor know that you will work with them this time and ask if they can give you a discounted price on the steel?

Yes Gen2, thanks sixpack for the speedo setting, Thanks to everyone else as well. Much better website than Susuki.Org in my opinion

Back