Anyone interested in buying this website?

Haahahahahahahhahaha I havent seen this thread in a long time... You should have noticed the new banner on the main page, use it, if you tell people about the sponsor then have them get there using the banner. Rumble Imports can tell how the visitor came to their site, if they linked from this board then there is credability to advertising here.

aaahahahaha.... got the rise that was expected!!!!!
biggrin.gif

while you are at the 'advertising' spiel.... may want to check your avatar link.... hint hint, wink wink, know what I mean?
sarcasm.gif

I noticed the add, and went to the site. It is an excellent Idea and a long time coming. Furthermore, it only scrathes the surface of what is probably possible.

The message from we members is clear. We are willing to do whatever is needed to support your efforts Cap.

nnnDaaah!!!
face7.gif

Note to self,,,ALWAYS check the date on the post!!!!

D'oh!!!
face7.gif

face7.gif

Haahahahahahahhahaha I havent seen this thread in a long time... You should have noticed the new banner on the main page, use it, if you tell people about the sponsor then have them get there using the banner. Rumble Imports can tell how the visitor came to their site, if they linked from this board then there is credability to advertising here.
You know Capt. I never understood why there were no advertisements popping up all over the place. Then I realized that you had to be paying for all this stuff out-of-pocket. We can come up with some ideas to try to keep this thing going. I don't want to lose my Family!!!

Brian

I have had a couple of prospects through the last year, but there is not a big bangin on the door because the board is free and people sell their products on the site via word of mouth.... we will see what happens in the near future.

Captain

Well Cap. I thank you for the ability to use this site. It is truely a priviledge. And if there is a way we can help please feel free to ask.

Hi Everyone!! Yup, I'm the nOObkid on the block! Been
lurk.gif
looking around and saw this thread, and decided I had to say something.
Captian, You run the best ship in the world. I'm on a bunch of boards and Hayabusa.org is the BEST !!!
thumbs-up.gif
Really glad I found it.
40__s.gif
Cheers, Okole Maluna (Hawaiian=Bottoms Up)

Heh, also you forgot to mention what I think is the hardest part of a website... The Frustration of learning geekspeak (html) LoLz

Take Care All, Ride Safe, Ride Fast Aloha, LoLo

Welcome to the board, LoLo. You are right on with what you said. This place is great.
Jim

I for one can appreciate the time spent on this site.. I don't know the captain as well as some of you. But I'm willing to drop a dollar a month to keep the expense as much out of his pocket as I can.. I think he's doning a fantastic job. I build computers and know the time it can take up. Well folks you decide. I know the post is old but the thought of losing the site to someone that can't maintain it.. is not what I choose to live with.

Hats off to you My Captian My Captain.!

Anybody interested in contributing to the cause can go and send a donation to Captain's paypal account. Also buy a shirt!
biggrin.gif

I have only been using this site for a short while and have enjoyed it immensly, and to hear of your plight saddens me somewhat. I know that some of the members and perhaps yourself don't want to see this site go into foreign hands and i can appreciate that. So what i am suggesting is financial package that would support the site and all involved, it would involve some small amounts of advertisment with which companys that advertise via message board could use but not intrusive amounts. It would also open up the opportunity for this site to be advertised on other world wide sites and perhaps expose these smaller companys, that do use message board for word of mouth as such to a much larger audience.
I geuss the biggest bonus for you all is that it would stay in your hands but there would be less hands on for you.
Message me if any of this sounds interesting to you

I have always been open to banners on the board and main site, the problem is that no one wants to advertise when they can post for free. I have offered to businesses that I would open a forum that they could moderate and answer questions about their products. They would get a banner on the main board and also a space on a new sponsors page. I have offerred to put companies on the pics and vids page but once again why pay when you can get it for free. If you have something in particular I would be more than happy to work with you. In the past I have had several companies inquire about putting a banner on the site, but most just want a free spot. I think that there is a lot of advertising opportunity for some lucky company that is willing to start the trend.

Captain

What i am offering is much more than just a simple advertisment or two but a pakage that would incorperate many aspects of internet business and yet members would still be able to access the site for free and have the ability to use it as they are now. I will create a rough business plan with mainly ideas that have been succesfull elsewhere and email it to you if you like and we can talk about what would be best for both us and the members and hope fully be able to keep a good thing going. Oh if you would perfer to run with any of the ideas on the business plan by yourself thats fine no hard feelings so long as you are able to keep this site upand running i will be happy.

Hey...I'd like to help out

Engine Ice will buy a banner!

How much?

We're in this to support bikes and riders...not to line our pockets...I mean, of course I'd like to make some money and put my kids through college, but I'm just a regular bike guy like everyone else.

I'll admit I'm a bit more of a motocross guy than a street guy, much less a 'Busa...I ain't got the balls to own a 'Busa

Drop me an e-mail and tell me how we can help you and keep this place alive.

I don't post a whole lot, but I lurk, watch and keep an eye on you guys...I think I've seen this place go through about 3 or 4 facelifts

e-mail me at Dave@engineice.cc

Back