Anyone interested in buying this website?

Don't sweat a formal proposal or anything

Just give me a call and lets come up with something

Toll free - 877.806.9377

Dave

I have always been open to banners on the board and main site, the problem is that no one wants to advertise when they can post for free. I have offered to businesses that I would open a forum that they could moderate and answer questions about their products. They would get a banner on the main board and also a space on a new sponsors page. I have offerred to put companies on the pics and vids page but once again why pay when you can get it for free. If you have something in particular I would be more than happy to work with you. In the past I have had several companies inquire about putting a banner on the site, but most just want a free spot. I think that there is a lot of advertising opportunity for some lucky company that is willing to start the trend.

Captain
Just my .02 here. I have been saying that there are cretive ways to make something like this work. Here is an idea:

Create a banner area that changes everytime one comes to the site...sort of like the photos. Additionally, set up a vendor section with profiles and links to vendors who support the site. What I mean by profiles is an opportunity for them to list/describe/picture the products they have for the Hayabusa. Picture a select group of banners and when you click on one, it expands to more. It is these banners that would rotate and be displayed when people come to the site.

Now, how will this benefit the site...well whenever a member links to the vendor's web and orders, or mentions the site when he orders over the phone, the vendor gives a 15% discount...7.5% goes as a credit to the purchaser and 7.5% gets paid to the site (Captain). The vendor gets an order, the member gets a discount, and the site gets a kickback.

So will this work? Why would it work? Well it is called consumer awareness. All of us would need to remind each other to support the vendors who support the site. When new members are seeking products, we answer honestly, as we always do, but when at all possible, we direct people to the supportive vendors to buy the product in question. For example, when we discuss windscreens...people might say something like "if you are tall, you will want to go with a Double Bubble. I have the Zero Gravity and love it. Get a discount on it from the .org preferred Vendor, Thinker Products. Check them out in vendor section _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ The vendor wins because he doesn't pay anything out unless someone buys something.

Everyone wins.

I am sure that I underestimate the effort to set up something like that, but I believe it would work once in place.

Thinker

That's not a bad idea...but it wouldn't work for us.

See, we don't sell consumer direct...we don't even sell dealer direct...we only sell to distributors who then sell to the local dealer who sells it to you.

We're not in the business of taking business from the local dealer or the distributors...we're firm believers of "Support your local Sheriff"...more specifically, your local dealer.

We do our web-support advertising on a basis of trust. We hope that the participants of a forum will remember our product when making their buying decision. We hope that the participants will talk nice to their buddies about our product...of course this only works if the product itself works...which most all of our customers tell us that Engine Ice does work and does help.

Just have someone get me the costs of placing a banner and we'll work it out...I have several streetbike web banners already made and we'd be ready to ASAP.

Just need to know how much and where to send it.

If the pricing is reasonable and fair, it's a done deal

EngIceDave I like the way you operate! Thinker62 here is the deal, this site is a hobby, or at least it started out as one. I don't even own a Hayabusa anymore, this place was first conceived as a place for me to keep my admin and linux skills proficient becuase I was in a management position not a technical one anymore. As we all know if you don't use it you lose it. I bought the site from Chase Giles (bigdog) in Tx. I had no idea the site was popular, I just liked the name and thought it would be a neat project. The first month I had a single static html page up and it received over 100,000 hits, I had no idea what I was in store for. Over the period of a few months the site grew and grew and I received email after email wanting a message board, I put the board up in Nov of 2001 and you see where we are today. I am busier than ever at work, I make decent living but I am not going to invest all of my time or money into a hobby. The problem with percentages and commissions is that I do not want to keep track of it, the simpler the better. You pay me XX dollars a month to put your banner on my site end of story. Its simple, win win... I get email almost daily from companies that want to advertise on the site but most do not want to pay. I have had request for links to commercial sites, and I have had offers to trade banners and links with companies. Bottom line I dont have the time to put to working up commissions for other companies. I will repeat my offer to anyone out there, you want your banner on this site I would love to put it up, hopefully motorcycle related (cigars remember) for a really reasonable fee. In return I will put your banner on the main message board, a sponsor page and a FAQ about the company and the products they offer. For a little more I will provide you your own forum on the message board that I will admin and you can moderate in which you can answer questions and provide information about your products. If you want even more I can even put your banners on the vids page (when it comes back up) and the gallery....... I just dont want to get tied down in beauracy and contracts.. I prefer a 3 month up front and then month to month but will work out anything. Anyone that wants to offer a discount to the members I am sure that we can work that into the arrangement. EngIceDave I will call you today.

Captain

RAMBLING
javelik.gif
javelik.gif
javelik.gif

javelik.gif

javelik.gif

Back