Anyone interested in wheel lights?

merczab

Registered
Found some pretty damn cheap ones, $10 for half wheel, and $20 for a full wheel.
It's a string connected to a battery, so it's up to our ingenuity to hide the battery etc.
I can post pics if you guys and girls are interested.

Here are some pics.

SLIDE_SHOW_PINK_grande.jpeg

SLIDE_SHOW_-_GREEN_grande.jpeg

SLIDE_SHOW_YELLOW_grande.jpeg

Very nice, but what's the consumption of voltage and can it fit onto aftermarket air valves????

For that price its worth a shot.. Where can you get them? I wonder if they will hold up cruising at a 100 MPH ???

im not sure if they are valve stem caps....or or form of small string LEDS thats that use a magnetic pickup on the swing arm or fork as they pass for the power..

ive something something somewhere about the magnetic power pickup idea, but it was like 300$ a wheel...

if you click on the website it shows that its a 10 LED strip thats about 1M long. Powered by one of them small little circle batteries (3V coin).

CycleLights

nice! i wonder if that messes with the weights of the wheel and the balance....ALSO...I wonder how they are switched on and off...

Ok, the still pictures were taken by some guy with a slow shutter speed to give them a seamless appearance. On top of that it makes them look brighter and I can almost guarantee the color hues were tweaked.

So in short, they're junk...

HOWEVER, if this is the kind of **** that you can get your jollies off with, do it. Don't even second guess yourself. This helps me know who not to talk to at bike nights so you're really doing us both a favor here.

Ok, the still pictures were taken by some guy with a slow shutter speed to give them a seamless appearance. On top of that it makes them look brighter and I can almost guarantee the color hues were tweaked.

So in short, they're junk...

+1 look at the video on the website. Doesnt even look like the light hit the ground at all, yet the still photos its lighting up everything.

I personally don't invest any money in, or put anything on my Busa that doesn't make it go faster in a straight line:race:, BUT, my Boulevard on the other hand looks like it was dipped in chrome and has blue L.E.D.'s all over it. I think a set of blue wheel lights would go perfect with it :thumbsup: Guess I'm gonna have to try some of these...

It may look cool, but I doubt you'll get it working well on a busa wheel. If you look closely at the enlarged pics on the site, you can see that the battery box is about a 1/3rd the size if a pack of cigarettes and zip tied to the spokes near the hub of the bike. The lead from the batteries to the lights is wrapped around one of the spokes. On a 30" outside diameter bicycle wheel that probably never goes faster than 25 mph (yes I know that racers regularly go after than that, but I doubt you'd ever see a racer put those on his/her wheels) the centrifical force is probably not all that significant. On a 25" - 26" outside diameter motorcycle wheel that regularly travels at three times that speed, the centrifical force will be significantly greater -- and the consequences of that pack flying off are quite a bit scarier.

For a bike with LED lighting, they would probably look real cool if you could securely fasten them.

--Sky

Back