Anyone interested in a Geocashing game??

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Game:

Pass a guardian bell from one Busa rider to the next, with a written blessing and a gift token and track the movement of the bell across the globe, using a geocashing principle. Eventually every Busa rider needs to have received one or more blessings from a fellow rider.

I will start, by placing the guardian bell, with a notebook, note and a gift token somewhere along my favorite country route. I will then post a map of my route, mark where the bell is hidden on the map, post the GPS coordinates for those who wish to use a GPS and post some clues as to where the bell is hidden.

The next rider who wishes to ride my route, will seek and find the guardian bell, read the note and post up a picture of his bike at the place he found the bell, also a picture of the bell and the note, as well as claim his gift token.

The rider who now has possession of the guardian bell, will write a blessing note, add a gift token and place the guardian bell package somewhere on his favorite route, posting the map, where it is hidden, clues to find it and optionally the GPS coordinates.

The game will continue and we will track the movement across the globe here on the forum.

The objective of the game:

a)Gives an excuse to go for a nice ride.
b)Posting of favorite routes on the forum, improving ride quality.
c)Passing a guardian blessing from one Busa brother to the next.

Proposed rules:

1.)Where the guardian bell is hidden, should be somewhere in the country, on a route which is not busy, so it will not be discovered by people not participating.
2.)Pictures must be posted at the spot where it was found, with bike, bell and note. Preferably a nice spot for a good photo.
3.)Each finder must write a blessing note in the notebook, something that goes with a guardian bell.
4.)If the package goes missing, or cannot be found, the last rider who placed it, has to replace the package again, until found by the next rider.
5.)The gift token must be something small, non edible.
6.)The longest a rider may hang onto the guardian bell, is one month during riding season, but try and place it as soon as possible.
7.) Every move of the bell, has to be tracked here on the forum. If this gets going, we will ask the Admins to make a sticky.

Let's do this! I like thus kinda stuff! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

GeoCashing is fun, me and my wife just starting doing it and it's hilarious to do..

Game:

Pass a guardian bell from one Busa rider to the next, with a written blessing and a gift token and track the movement of the bell across the globe, using a geocashing principle. Eventually every Busa rider needs to have received one or more blessings from a fellow rider.

I will start, by placing the guardian bell, with a notebook, note and a gift token somewhere along my favorite country route. I will then post a map of my route, mark where the bell is hidden on the map, post the GPS coordinates for those who wish to use a GPS and post some clues as to where the bell is hidden.

The next rider who wishes to ride my route, will seek and find the guardian bell, read the note and post up a picture of his bike at the place he found the bell, also a picture of the bell and the note, as well as claim his gift token.

The rider who now has possession of the guardian bell, will write a blessing note, add a gift token and place the guardian bell package somewhere on his favorite route, posting the map, where it is hidden, clues to find it and optionally the GPS coordinates.

The game will continue and we will track the movement across the globe here on the forum.

The objective of the game:

a)Gives an excuse to go for a nice ride.
b)Posting of favorite routes on the forum, improving ride quality.
c)Passing a guardian blessing from one Busa brother to the next.

Proposed rules:

1.)Where the guardian bell is hidden, should be somewhere in the country, on a route which is not busy, so it will not be discovered by people not participating.
2.)Pictures must be posted at the spot where it was found, with bike, bell and note. Preferably a nice spot for a good photo.
3.)Each finder must write a blessing note in the notebook, something that goes with a guardian bell.
4.)If the package goes missing, or cannot be found, the last rider who placed it, has to replace the package again, until found by the next rider.
5.)The gift token must be something small, non edible.
6.)The longest a rider may hang onto the guardian bell, is one month during riding season, but try and place it as soon as possible.
7.) Every move of the bell, has to be tracked here on the forum. If this gets going, we will ask the Admins to make a sticky.

This sounds like total fun!! I've wanted to try geocaches before...

Be careful what you wish for though... 'member you have some Dual Sport/ Motard folks on here...and our favorite rides may include dirt, gravel, and water.... You ready to take your pretty Busas there?? (May need to ask Hooken about navigation tips)

IMG_4053.jpg

059.jpg

Speaking of dirt, gravel, and water... I do think that should be noted on the location map/gps location. Adventure geocache does list abilities/skills needed such as diving or climbing experience.

Back