Anyone here that's 5'5" that rides a busa?

Holly ****!! You must have long legs!! I'm 5' 6" and im dropped 2" and have aftermarket lowered seat and I'm barely flat footed..

Oooops wrong pic!!

busa.jpg

Last edited:
Its really not about how tall you are, but how long your inseam is

My inseam is 29" , my bike is raised in the rear 1" , it's not optimal but I deal w5/ it

OP what do you currently ride?
Posted via Mobile Device

5'2" Lowered with bones and Roaring toys triple tree . Buy it make it fit later :laugh:

Last edited:
I don't own a busa yet.I'm currently in Afghanistan and i'm gonna purchase when i return.I'm constantly browsing the classified on here,ebay and craigslist.Keepin my eye open for an 05-06.I've had a ZX-6R,ZX-7 and now i wanna move up to something more versatile for the wife and i.

5'6'', 29" in-seam.

Ride mine stock form, no issues. I'm not flat-footin both sides at the same time, but not tippy-toe it either. Never dropped, not even close....uneven, even, smooth, rough, rocky, slick, etc surfaces.
I've ridden TONS of bikes in my life....the only one that really made me nervous due to height was a KTM 990 Adv. But talk about a bad mofo motorcycle...that is it. Basically the Busa in the dirt world.

When your vertically challenged, experience counts alot, so you can be ready and prepare for anything. but in order to gain experience, a dropped bike here and there is part of the learning process.

I'm 5'4" with a 28" inseam. I can flat foot my gen II with no issues. I've got Soupy's lowering links front and back (2"). There was a time when I almost dropped my bike trying to back it up and there were little rocks and pebbles on the ground.

This was by far the best mod I have done for my bike.

Busa Latin Babe is only 5'3 and she has an 09, it has been lowered, don't know how much, and she has had the seat cut down...

Thanks everyone for your help.I think with a set of rear abjustable links, lowering the front a bit and change the seat,i should be good.Question though.If i change out the triple tree to allow the fork tubes to slide up to lower the front end,can i still use a riser also to bring the handles up and back a little or should i just do a new triple tree and heli bars?

Last edited:
At 5'5" you should have no problems at all with a 2 inch lower and a shaved seat. I never buy a bike unless it can be lowered relatively easily. Suzuki's make it easy for you.
I have two inch lowering links and can flat foot with riding boots on. For reach of the controls, Heli bars work great.

I'm 5'6", have a 2003 Busa, lowered 2 inches and have a custom Tobin seat...never any issues and I flat foot easily since lowering it...

sm_horg_busa.JPG

My wife is 5'4" and rides an '08 Gen II. Lowered 2" front and rear, Tobin seat cut down for her. Can stand flat footed now, no issues!!

Bike windshield 010.jpg

I found the progressive hayabusa fork spring lowering kit.So instead of replacing the triple tree,i can keep the stock tree and still gain the 2"drop.

Back