Anyone here that's 5'5" that rides a busa?

mrcllusb

Registered
I am interested in seeing photos of your setup.If you've lowered it to be more stable,your reach to the bars,etc.My heart is set on buying a busa,just interested in seeing how to make it fit me.I know about the helibars and such,but would just like some visual ideas.

I am about 5ft8 and my bike is lowered. I can stand flat footed on the ground no problem. I only have one crappy cellphone pic but hopefully it helps

Busa.jpg

Jonny

yes, and bike lowered 2 inches, no pic at work but will get one this evening. I will be shaving the seat this week end for the finish. Also Heli bars do wonders.

I've got a friend who's 5'3. He's got his busa lowered 2.5 w Vortex links and almost flat footed. I'm 5'7 and with a stock seat I'm flatfooted when I crank my links up. However, if its slammed with my cut seat I'm bent at the knee ;) ill get pics this weekend of my little friends bike and him on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm 5'8" and I can easily put foot on the ground while seating on my '09. It's not even modified. Are you really having problem putting ur foot down on ur Busa?

im 5'5" and 135 lbs...2004 busa...stock suspension..and i can put both feet flat on the pavement....

I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam.. my bike is lowered 2"

I reach the bars just fine.... some say the handlebars are really low.. but I don't really know any different.. its always been that way since I started riding..

Busa-14.jpg

i dont think i've grown much since 5'5'' :laugh: and my bike is at stock height. am actually thinking of raising it. i have no problems holding the bike up on my tip toe's.

My wife is 5' 4" and rides a 09 Busa.... I lowered the rear with the Soupy's adjustable links to around 2". She can sit flat footed with sneakers on but is better with her boots.

I am 5'8", stock height. I went to a shoe place and added an extra sole to the bottom of my riding boots - about 1/4" thick. Made a difference for me.

5'5" tall, off the seat for burn out. Soupys adjustable links for the Busa at 1" lowered, Tobin Seat that shaves about 1.5" of foam off, 1" sole height with Icon boots, 1" Reaper risers on handlebars. Front forks slid about .75" down on triple tree because rear is lowered to help prevent the chopper bike style ride.

busasmoke.jpg

Soupys adjustable links for the Busa at 1" higher than stock due to riding two up in twisties, Tobin Seat, 1" Icon boots, 1" Reaper risers, forks slid about .75" down on triple tree. Sitting almost flat footed on both sides.

DSCN1450.jpg

Same setup as above but showing foot on gilles rearsets while flatfooted.
DSCN1447.jpg

Bike lowered 2" in rear, front strapped down about 1.5", day after drag racing night. Anything more than 2" lower and you will need a shorter kickstand.

DSCN0361.jpg

Current setup. Reapers, Tobin, rear is about 1.25 lowered with custom links, front is .75" lowered on triple tree.
IMG_1028.jpg

+1 on the tobin - New Image as it is currently known.

It'll save quite a bit on height, is very comfy and looks slammin' :thumbsup:

IMG_1826.jpg

5'5" tall, off the seat for burn out. Soupys adjustable links for the Busa at 1" lowered, Tobin Seat that shaves about 1.5" of foam off, 1" sole height with Icon boots, 1" Reaper risers on handlebars. Front forks slid about .75" down on triple tree because rear is lowered to help prevent the chopper bike style ride.

busasmoke.jpg

Soupys adjustable links for the Busa at 1" higher than stock due to riding two up in twisties, Tobin Seat, 1" Icon boots, 1" Reaper risers, forks slid about .75" down on triple tree. Sitting almost flat footed on both sides.

DSCN1450.jpg

Same setup as above but showing foot on gilles rearsets while flatfooted.
DSCN1447.jpg

Bike lowered 2" in rear, front strapped down about 1.5", day after drag racing night. Anything more than 2" lower and you will need a shorter kickstand.

DSCN0361.jpg

Current setup. Reapers, Tobin, rear is about 1.25 lowered with custom links, front is .75" lowered on triple tree.
IMG_1028.jpg

Excuse me sir, there seems to be on odd hole in the side of your fairing:laugh:

im 5'5" and 135 lbs...2004 busa...stock suspension..and i can put both feet flat on the pavement....

Holly ****!! You must have long legs!! I'm 5' 6" and im dropped 2" and have aftermarket lowered seat and I'm barely flat footed..

09-blk-sled-ps-x.jpg

Back