Anyone have some deep woods OFF?

Stoney McSloth

Registered
Went out for a ride last night up Hwy 27 toward the bottem of lake okeechobee which Hwy 27 runs through the middle of the everglades so no gas stations. Well i made it 40 miles before i had to turn around because at first i thought it was rain but it wasn't, you could say the insects were as thick as rain. Just another reason to wear a helmet and full face at that. By the time i made it back home my bike, me and my helmet looked like a Rob Zombie movie "Motorcyclist of 10,000 insect corpes"

IMAG0160.jpg

I like that ride during the day and do it almost every weekend.. :thumbsup: but not at night never had that kind of bug issue :laugh:

Similar experience on heading east on I-70 from I-15 in Utah during the spring. Was doing a distance event and had to stop 3 times to clean my face shield because it was becoming difficult to see. Dusk hours are horrible! Once it got to be a couple hours after dark though things seemed to calm down from the 'bug genocide' that I seemed to be imposing on the local insect population.

I was on a group ride by a local lake last summer and ran into dense bugs like that . The one and only Goldwing rider in the group was wearing an open face helmet and didn't get one bug in his teeth ! :laugh:

Yeah thats bad alright.I go thru bugs in the morning on the way to work but its only a few.I wax the hell out of my cap and sheild so that bugs come right off.

You guys give him pity when he complains about bugs and then make fun of me when I do same? Same bugs same place. No fair :)

I really dont mind the bugs so much as the smell. Makes me wanna :puke:

Ive had to trade lids with my passenger before, just to be able to see to make it home after a swarm like that!

Well i know now to carry wet wipes with me in my tank bag. And it wasn't a swarm more like a constant barrage. And the only thing i could see was the white line and once in awhile tail lights. And the front of the bike looked just as bad even my frame sliders had bug buildup lol. @Busa1166 you ride alone or in a group? Im getting bored with cruising A1A did ft lauderdale to star island last weekend.

Days are bad, nights are impossible, lazy azz birds :laugh: It's all those McDonald Fries in parking lots. One things for sure ............. they don't have the guts to do that again :whistle:

I think all the "killer pythons" in the everglades ate all the birds so the bugs have it easy. :laugh: Hayabusa killing bugs since 1999 :rofl:

Back