anyone have a piaggio mp3 scooter ?

sloppyjoe999

Registered
my youngest brother was thinking of getting rid of his dodge truck and buying a new "small" car for commuting to school and work.

i said your truck is paid for,,,why not get a bike. he has never ridden before and we started talking and we settled on one of those 3 wheeled 500cc scooters. honest to say they are pretty cool rigs.

CVT automatic tranny. 60mpg and top at 100mph. anyways if anyone has one and has anything to say i would like to pass it on.

I was at my dealer and saw one... tried to tip it, it seems extremely stable.

For $9k I don't really see it as a good investment though.
Definitely not enough gas savings to justify riding something like that around.

Not exactly a chick magnet either. :rofl:

Aside from that I'd ride one as a loaner if my busa was in the shop.

Extremely heavy.Heavier than your Busa.Huge lugage compartment!!!Not so reliable.Noisy transmission.Good brakes.Almost impossible to "loose" the front end...easy parkings....torquy engine...fast acceleration to top speed(103mph)hand brake(no reverse unfortunately)

look like fun to me. ive seen videos of them drifting on youtube.
- Piaggio MP3 drift[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
i went and looked at one on the showroom floor on friday,,,

looked like a ton O fun. something different and certainly a looker

how much though?

for a seasoned rider wanting to spend money that makes no sense.

but to someone who wants to commute, have tons of storage, get 60mpg and still have fun like on a motorcycle, not have to shift gears and clutch on and off in traffic ( we all know how much that sucks), not have to put your feet down at a stop, and have cheap insurance and get to use commuter lanes it makes a lot of sense i think.

i love blasting through gears on my bike or in the red car, but not if i have to deal with any kind of traffic. on a scooter like this you just go, stop and never have to clutch or drop your feet.

for a first timer i think it might be a good starting point to a second bike,,,

would i buy one, yes!

Back