Anyone ever lemon a car?

StrtRac3r

Registered
Looks like I'm gonna gather my paperwork on my ladies focus. Just curious if anyone else has dealt with a lemon? Sucks because everyone I talk to says theirs is doing great, but my automatic dual clutch tranny is about to be on its third set of clutches in less than a year. Problem started at 17k.

They even stopped giving me rentals so this time it's costing me 200$ for warranty work. Not to mention time and stress with the lady and 2 month old baby boy.

Looks like the laws are different in each state, I have looked in CA yet

My state says they have to give you a vehicle:
Manufacturers must make their vehicles conform to the warranties in place. If a lemon cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, you are entitled to receive a replacement vehicle and to drive your lemon until you receive the replacement.

You may choose instead to get a refund of the purchase price, less a reasonable amount for your use of the vehicle. If the manufacturer does not make the vehicle conform to the warranty, you might also be entitled to collect damages.

Lemon Laws by State - Lemon Law Attorneys at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that...
(I make sure any lemons I purchase are used and without warranty)

Looks like the laws are different in each state, I have looked in CA yet

My state says they have to give you a vehicle:
Manufacturers must make their vehicles conform to the warranties in place. If a lemon cannot be fixed in a reasonable amount of time, you are entitled to receive a replacement vehicle and to drive your lemon until you receive the replacement.

You may choose instead to get a refund of the purchase price, less a reasonable amount for your use of the vehicle. If the manufacturer does not make the vehicle conform to the warranty, you might also be entitled to collect damages.

Lemon Laws by State - Lemon Law Attorneys at DMV.org: The DMV Made Simple

Thankfully I haven't had to deal with that...
(I make sure any lemons I purchase are used and without warranty)

Yea from what I see its harder to have a lemon go back in California if the car is over 18,000 miles or a year after taking delivery before the first notification to the dealer of the "lemon issue".

This is my first brand new car too. And I got the 100k bumper to bumper warranty.

I didn't technically lemon my first Mustang, but through perseverance persuaded Ford to do the right thing and by my car back and let me order another. It was a 2005 Mustang GT that I bought in Nov of 2004. Sat in the shop for all of Jan for a bad engine. I wouldn't take a 3 month old car that had to have an engine swap on it. Kept after them, calm, logical, and talking to the right people.

I was nauseous after seeing this...

05GT%20Engine.jpg

Can't say I've ever had a lemon, but I would imagine it's a mountain of paperwork and like Twobrothersbusa said, getting through to the right people all while remaining calm (not my strong suit at all).

I wish you luck because there's nothing worse than knowing you've got a lemon on your hands and that you're kind of backed in a corner until they rectify the situation.

Yeah I agree with all. That mustang here in Cali would have been a lemon. 30 total days alone of a vehicle being in the shop within the first year here is to the word of the law a lemon. But yeah I will keep up with y'all. I honestly don't trust our car, but if it does stay fixed I definitely don't mind the 40 mpg. Fingers crossed for a good outcome, regardless of which it is.

Back