Anyone got a chain tool that they wouldn't mind

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Anyone have a chain tool that they wouldn't mind letting me borrow for a little while?

Just throwing it out there...

I bought one from Ebay. For $50 or less shipped. If you really want one let me know. I will send it. (loan) I plan on using it again. Breaker and rivetter just like this <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-CHAIN-CUTTER-RIVETING-TOOL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ35580QQihZ012QQitemZ22000
0691681QQtcZphoto" target="_blank">one.</a> Its about as close to the Motion pro kit as you can get.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151497928 -->

I bought one from Ebay. For $50 or less shipped. If you really want one let me know. I will send it. (loan) I plan on using it again. Breaker and rivetter just like this <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOTORCYCLE-CHAIN-CUTTER-RIVETING-TOOL_W0QQitemZ220000691681QQcategoryZ35580QQrdZ1QQcmdZVie

wItem" target="_blank">one.</a> Its about as close to the Motion pro kit as you can get.
I can't get your link to work, would you mind posting the item number you are refering to? If not, I'll go and do a search...
If they are that cheap, I may just get one from Ebay - thanks for the info.

220000691681 try this item #

Sorry I dont know what happened to the link. pitposse is the seller I got mine from.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151498133 -->

<span style='color:blue'>Hey MC. I have never used one, just penned the rivet with a punch and never had a problem. Up till these 220000691681 a $50.00 kit was just like the wrench from china that looked good, but one should never attempt to use. JMO Anyone with one will find out the kit is 90% about breaking the chain, (no big task with a grinding wheel device) and the other 10 is peening the rivet. </span>
e2_1.JPG

Thanks for the link - I may bid on that!

The chain tool is worth buying. FYI to anyone that's never riveted or changed out a chain, it's not a big deal. Once you do one, you'll see it's no biggie and you will become instant friends with alot of motorcycle guys due to your newfound abilities.
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151513161 -->

The chain tool is worth buying. FYI to anyone that's never riveted or changed out a chain, it's not a big deal. Once you do one, you'll see it's no biggie and you will become instant friends with alot of motorcycle guys due to your newfound abilities.
laugh.gif
Yeah, I plan on buying one, but being as I've had a sudden rush of expenses, I figured I'd see if anyone had one close that I could use...
It's on my list of BDay wishes that I'll be giving to my wife!

That chain breaker is relisted all the time. I bid on a few till no one else bid, then got it. Very easy to use.

<span style='color:blue'>Hey MC. I have never used one, just penned the rivet with a punch and never had a problem. Up till these 220000691681 a $50.00 kit was just like the wrench from china that looked good, but one should never attempt to use. JMO Anyone with one will find out the kit is 90% about breaking the chain, (no big task with a grinding wheel device) and the other 10 is peening the rivet. </span>
e2_1.JPG
<span style='color:darkred'>Hey! Has anyone got one of these? 4555926962 I for one don't want to endorse this cause i don't know about them! Good things aren't cheap and cheap things (you know) Asked a bike bud at work and he said this is junk and won't break or rivet a bicycle chain! So i just didn't want to lead anyone down the wrong path. They have a note in there to grind the rivet on the 530 to help with breaking!!! So i don't know...</span>

e2_1.JPG
<span style='color:darkred'>Hey! Has anyone got one of these? 4555926962 I for one don't want to endorse this cause i don't know about them! Good things aren't cheap and cheap things (you know) Asked a bike bud at work and he said this is junk and won't break or rivet a bicycle chain! So i just didn't want to lead anyone down the wrong path. They have a note in there to grind the rivet on the 530 to help with breaking!!! So i don't know...</span>
I have that one and it's great!

Back