Anybody Pickup Their \'00 Yet?

G

Perhaps I am jumping the gun a little but I would appreciate hearing if or when anyone gets their Year 2000 Busa. I will respond in kind.

I'm getting psyched.

Nope! My dealer says he never knows with suzuki; they just show up. He was told by suzuki that December. We'll see.

My dealer says "Soon", but basically still sometime this month. You would think, that if I can track a coffee mug sent via UPS, they would have a better idea fo the shipping on an $11,000 bike is! Still waiting, I still hoping this Wednesday the 15th, that is what I originally heard. I'll keep you posted.

AGhhhh!!!!
If I don't get my '00 soon I'm
gona lose it.Its 45, sunny and no snow yet.
Just a race against time...

Damn ... When I logged on and saw 5 hits for my topic I was fired up. Then I read on down and discovered that you guys are as frustrated as I am. Major bummer.

As soon as anyone has hard news let the rest of us crazies know. Thanx guys.

Konrad.. with our luck, Murphy's Law will be in full force. As soon as we write the checks it will snow. Oh well I'm a skiier too.

Henceforth, due to the inmates' constant banging of their heads on the wall, frothing at the mouth, chewing of nails past the quick and pacing in circles, this thread will be known as the "Cycle Ward."

I think the dealers can track the bikes if they want to. I think they would (like mine) rather tell you they have no idea so that those of us who are excited about getting their new busa's won't be calling them every day checking on the status of our bikes.

You would think this time of the year that the dealers wouldn't mind making a few calls to find out when our Busa's will arrive. It's not as though they are overly busy with sales this time of the year. Well, at least not here in Kansas anyway.

The bike industry's totally primitive in this regard. Fedex can tell you where your parcel is real time. When I bought a ZR-1 cage back in '91 they were happy to tell me where it was on the assembly line in Bowling Green. "Your vehicle is being painted right now, sir."

Most bike dealers still use pencils to keep their financial records.

It's usually not the dealers fault. When you call the order desk all they will say is it's in transit, then I'll ask "in transit from where", the reply is "it's just in transit".It shouldn't be long, we already have the set up manual and '00 microfiche.

I work for a major farm equipment manufacturer. We can tell via UPS tracking number what truck stop, a trucker carrying our parts, is having dinner at. If Suzi would tell the dealer the tracking number that all good trucking companies use,
the dealer could use his lo-tek telephone to get us an answer.

I think that my dealer wants my bike to sit in his show room a couple of days so he can show it off and sell some more. I guess I can't blame him. It ought to be a hot looking set of wheels.

It's a perfect riding day today. Guess I'll get my junker out and go for a spin.

[This message has been edited by Lyle (edited 13 December 1999).]

Once the bike is released from the warehouse it's easy to track it's location by just calling the trucking company. The problem is Suzuki won't let the dealers know when the bikes are released. This way the dealer can't cancel the bikes that we get shipped that we don't want.

SC2641 ... Thanks for the dealer's insight. I doubt there will be many cancelled Busa's though.

Off topis as usual... SC2641... How can we get a copy of the '00 parts fiche? I already have a shop manual. The setup manual would be nice to have too.

14 hits and still no one has their '00 bike. If the rumor that the bikes will be released from the warehouse on the 12th is true then we should begin to see them this week. Hope!

Viol8r Thanx for the url but that's the '99 fiche. I hope there are at least a few new part numbers. Like the fuel strainer, can chain tensioner etc. I'll send a note to FJ1100 about it. Thanx.

i was in toronto this past weekend doing some shopping and i decided to call a few bike shops in the toronto area to see if any had the blue busa in yet, no blue ones yet but two places told me that they had the 2000 black models in on the show room floor. the dealer here, in london ontario, where i'm buying my blue one also has a 2000 black model in a crate which they said they'll be putting together in the next day or so. but no blue busa's yet anywhere!!

maniac

[This message has been edited by maniac marshall (edited 13 December 1999).]

This is getting rediculous. My dealer told me it would be in YESTERDAY. Today I call to ask WTF, and he tells me this: "We get the invoice in the mail three(3) days before the bikes actually show up. We'll call you when the invoice shows up since you've got a deposit on one." That's as much as I could squeeze out of them. They don't assemble the bikes at the dealer though, so it might even be a couple of days later while their "assembly shop" does the work...something about warranties and not having enough guys who know how to build each and every make/model bike properly. *sigh*

Stop your crying, we waited months for an unknown bike a year ago. You know that you are getting a new bike that is bug free, and an aftermarket that is ready for you. In 99 we waited and waited, with zero aftermarket and no proven parts till just this fall. You have waited a couple months for a known quality machine and an aftermarket that will take you anywhere you want to go, for kris sakes you can buy a turbo.

But it does **** to wait! :)

Back