Any word on the GEN 3 Hayabusa????

bigboy

Registered
Any news or rumors?I haven't seen a thread on this in while so just checking! I plan on buying it a year after it debuts to save money! Im really excited to see what they do, its the only reason im not buying a gen 2 right now!

Last edited by a moderator:
1500 cc

Stock turbo, 8-15 lb dialable boost.

Full ohlins triple clicker out back ........

The manufacturer doesn't want to announce a new model, so it won't affect sales of current models in the dealerships. There will always be some, but they have to give the dealer a rebate to sell off the non-current bikes sitting. It's strictly business.

I'm the same way. There's nothing wrong with my gen 1, but if they release a gen 3, and it is as amazing as everyone envisions, I'll have to find a way to get one!

I've talked to a few dealers and there suzuki reps have dropped tiny hints. A stock turbo seems to be the biggest hints being dropped right now. With suzuki pulling it's automotive branch out of canada a couple years back reinvesting in motoGP they will have to re-up the gixxer line real soon just to compete on the motoGP and AMA levels. Might not get a gen 3 for the next model year but I'd be willing to bet we will see new 600's and liter bikes

:banghead: Was waiting on news of the Gen 3 as well.... That Streetglide might be taking my money here soon as a retirement gift from the Air Force

I was hesitant about buying my new 2014 last month because of the GenIII rumors but now that I did I'm totally ok with my purchase. All busa's are amazing machines!

Im not sure why everybody wants change... the busa didnt change (much) from 99-07. 08-current has had some nice upgrades but still didnt fall to far from the original package. That is what makes the busa one of the greatest motorcycles ever built. The aftermarket for the busa kills in comparison to every other bike on the market, past and present. The interchangeability of the oem parts is amazing. from a builders stance, there is no better bike on the market. So i ask - why does everybody want it to change when not changing has been the best thing that they have ever done. Im cool with an OEM turbo if they dont mess with everything else. I'm cool with beefed up cases and clutches - as long as they dont ruin interchangeability. Im cool with a better ECU that can be hacked and improved. Just dont destroy the the greatest motorcycle ever built just for change-sake.

My bet is Suzuki holds off on the 'busa for at least a year or so. The rumor mill that I have heard is that they are going to redo the GSXR1000 in a big way for 2016 and that is their main focus for the high performance market.

The manufacturer doesn't want to announce a new model, so it won't affect sales of current models in the dealerships. There will always be some, but they have to give the dealer a rebate to sell off the non-current bikes sitting. It's strictly business.
I totally get it!

Any news or rumors?I haven't seen a thread on this in while so just checking! I plan on buying it a year after it debuts to save money! Im really excited to see what they do, its the only reason im not buying a gen 2 right now!

:rofl:

oh wait you arent joking...i thought this was friday funny day...

I LOVE your commentary :lol:

I'm fortunate to have never been pulled over and scrutinized, but I would assume many would interpret each bike they pull in whatever way they deem necessary, and they'd also do so depending on how the rider reacts to being pulled, etc.

I have yet to find a shop that agrees on whether or not my license plate is mounted illegally or not, and I think it is, and has been for years. Most of these shops don't know a thing about bikes, yet they do inspections :dunno: then there's one that sells Ducatis and even they aren't sure, but the consensus is that they'd pass my Busa as is, plate and all...there's also no light on the tag, never has been :whistle:

Sooooo, the Gen 3 wish list is to be legal :rofl: And, of course, bold new colors and graphics :D

I hear it'll say Kawasaki on the side.. :hide:

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

Back