Any RC guys here?

There's a guy up the street who has an electric-fan F-18 and it's pretty cool to watch fly.....and he can really fly it too..

I tried the RC helicopter thing a couple times but sucked at flying them....
I have a FMS 70mm F18 and they do sound great but I can only get sub 4 minute flight which sucks LOL. A Blade S230 is a great little helicopter to learn the basic's if you jump back in.

I have a FMS 70mm F18 and they do sound great but I can only get sub 4 minute flight which sucks LOL. A Blade S230 is a great little helicopter to learn the basic's if you jump back in.
I kind of like scale....I saw a scale Eurocopter that is pretty cool and it has gyros so if I screw up I can let go of the controls and it will self stabilize...

I may go for something like that yet...

Probably a real hard thing to master and use...I'd say the running surface would have to be pretty much flawless.
It's really not. Just give a wide birth for turning. I had to no real issues driving it. My friend on the other hand put it under a car and into a curb. That's when I parked it.

Broke out the duct tape to fix the canopy cause it was in pieces, I guess over 30 years old took it's toll on it. Still mocking up the motor and did a bench check and on 12 S it's amazing. Think I'll call it Miss Ugly.

P1060836.JPG

Got the motor bolted in and a quick run up Miss Ugly hit 1700 watts of power and wasn't even at full throttle, boy she wanted to fly off the table lol.
Now it's time to repair all the holes left over from the removal of the glow engine.

I just hang old stuff in my garage for decoration. I missed out on a buddies plane that had a super cool four-cycle engine. Never seen that before. Don't know anything about aviation.

01FA30C6-2FC9-4DA9-8174-F9DFB283D8A8-M.jpg

Back