We must have some RC car guys around here.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Last Christmas a buddy got an RC drift car as a gift, well, it was back ordered and finally arrived last week. He got it all built and then talked me into buying one too. I took a look on Craigslist and found a similar chassis to his an hour away. So, Fasterfrog008 and I took a trip down to pick it up. Got a decent deal on it, but need a new battery and charger. I picked that up at the hobby store and we were off to the races. I really had forgotten now much fun toys can be. No gun laws or expensive ammo, no tickets for speeding and it doesn't hurt to crash, which happened a lot :laugh:
It looks like my car has an upgraded motor in it, she hustles right along. I've got a lot of research to do to get up to speed with these things, any good forums out there?
We've got 3 cars amongst friends and 3-4 more coming, we should be drift battling in no time and depending how into this I get it'll be another money pit.

ForumRunner_20130218_010559.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010624.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010646.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010708.png

:thumbsup:

ForumRunner_20130218_010559.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010624.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010646.png

ForumRunner_20130218_010708.png

One Fast Busa

Registered
Looking at the pics. I think those are Team Associated TC3'S. nice cars. I was into RC alot back in the 90's. Owned just about any type of car there was. My favorite was the 1/8 scale offroad 4WD nitroxbuggy. 65 MPH on dirt to much fun and why to much money spent on these things.

1busa

Registered
Yeah I was into them when I was younger but its an expensive hobby and can get quite addictive :laugh: I only have room for one addiction and its my busa :whistle:

I've ran rc buggies, road cars 1/10 and 1/12 nitro and electric. When I started realizing it was costing me each time I went out on tires, fuel, gears, and accident parts I realized I could take this pretend high and buy something real for t. Money I was spending I put my toys back in the box and stored them in the attic.
Fun, yes!
Costly, double YES!!

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
I use to race a Team RC10 and a Clod Buster with aluminum chassis. Yes it was very expensive as but also very fun. There is always something new and better out there that you JUST HAVE to have.:banghead:

A lot like the Busa.

Have fun with it and enjoy

RYC1966

Donating Member
Registered
the new elec cars with lipo batts are so fast....it is a fun hobby. Do you think you will join up with a race schedule or just run them around in parking lots? The racing is fun until somebody else crashes into you

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I played with it for awhile but just can't get past it being a toy. Guess i just get bored easy. I have a friend who is really into it but I never caught the bug to the point where i was willing to sink $$$$$$ into it.

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Looks like the blue car has been dirt tracking a bit. :laugh:

I currently have the Revo 3.3, Slayer 3.3, and ran the Losi Mini T at an indoor track the last two Fridays. I actually got a little lucky and won the first heat race.

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I played with it for awhile but just can't get past it being a toy. Guess i just get bored easy. I have a friend who is really into it but I never caught the bug to the point where i was willing to sink $$$$$$ into it.
So, Um, What's wrong with toys? :poke: :laugh:

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
the new elec cars with lipo batts are so fast....it is a fun hobby. Do you think you will join up with a race schedule or just run them around in parking lots? The racing is fun until somebody else crashes into you
Not sure yet, the local shop have a lil over and a dirt track off site they run at, Ill just have to see how deep into this i get. Id definitely like to stick with it, but now have it turn into a huge cost, after the car and the Busa, this Rooster is already broke:laugh:
Looks like the blue car has been dirt tracking a bit. :laugh:

I currently have the Revo 3.3, Slayer 3.3, and ran the Losi Mini T at an indoor track the last two Fridays. I actually got a little lucky and won the first heat race.
Oh yeah, Its too cold outside so we were running the in a buddies body shop, had us a nice little course set up around the lifts:thumbsup:

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Yeah I was into them when I was younger but its an expensive hobby and can get quite addictive :laugh: I only have room for one addiction and its my busa :whistle:
The last RC I had was when i was 16, still have it, but its slow! Fortunately, the Viper body and even the wheels mounted up to the new car, I knew I kept old stuff for a reason.

StrtRac3r

Registered
Looks like the cleaner one is a brushed setup. If you want more power and longer run times look into a brushless speed control and motor kit.

image-4044738507.jpg

I still have toys too.

image-4044738507.jpg

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I dug these ol bikes out of the garage a couple weeks ago and knocked the dust off. You probably know the dirt bike, but I've never seen another GSXR 1000 quite like this. I picked it up soon after I purchased my '03 1000.

Check out the size in comparison to the chest of drawers.

Then the Slayer and the Revo. I also had a Jato that was in one of the RC magazines after I custom painted the body.

rc bikes.jpg

rc revo.jpg

rc slayer.jpg

Rollin20z

Registered
You probably know the dirt bike, but I've never seen another GSXR 1000 quite like this. I picked it up soon after I purchased my '03 1000.
I got one of the GSXR's in a closet somewhere. It is a big boy for a toy, just as big as my 1/5 scale cars & trucks so I'd guess they like 1/4.???

mysql

Registered
Now you just need to get into multi-copters. I just built a 450 quad a few weeks back:

450 Quadcopter - Imgur

I have a pair of Fatshark head tracking first person goggles to go with it. Just waiting on a long range radio so I can fly around (should have close to a 3 mile radius)

Quick flight...
quadcopter with KK2.0 board - just tuned - YouTube[/url]

I had to dial down the power by 60% because it was far too fast. Batt life is ~12 mins on a 2650 mah lipo. I wired 2 in parallel and got 17.5 mins flight time.

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Those off roaders are sweet, makes me wanna jump stuff. Oh, and I have no business with a helicopter :whistle:

We have a body shop and lifts at our disposal, we cleaned up so we play with toy cars, but there is a lil something hiding in the paint booth :whistle:

ForumRunner_20130218_165335.png

ForumRunner_20130218_165335.png

mracer29

Registered
Haven't done r/c cars in a long time, I like things that fly.

image-1709172317.jpg
AR Drone 2.0 with indoor hull

image-3561279211.jpg
AR Drone 2.0 with outdoor hull

image-769513505.jpg
Heli max 1sq quad rotor

I had a Trex 450 but sold it last year after watching it collect duat for a while

image-1709172317.jpg

image-3561279211.jpg

image-769513505.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
rubbersidedown A MUST read? New York's Best Seller List? I must have...I must have... General Bike Related Topics 16
rubbersidedown I must be getting old... Random Thoughts 1
Mathewrussell52 What is a must do in Jamaica? Off Topic 11
Kiwi Rider Biggest GSXR Collection in the World! MUST SEE ! ! ! Videos 27
SSGT_B Life Must Be Rough....... Off Topic 15
AsleepAtTheTree No gen 2's in prostreet drag...gen 1's must be a thing General Bike Related Topics 51
Ezz1r A Bucket List Must !! General Bike Related Topics 4
gurrera Sinkholes.........holy Moley................... A Must See Random Thoughts 12
gurrera Senior Minds....this Is A Must Read Funny!. Random Thoughts 1
gurrera Absolutely Must View - Full Screen! You Should Do This Random Thoughts 4
gurrera Great Video - You Must Think "food Chain" Random Thoughts 0
Sky Rider World Must Be Ending General Bike Related Topics 2
gurrera Incredible must see! Random Thoughts 6
gurrera This is amazing, must watch to the end. Random Thoughts 11
1 New to me 2006 Hayabusa. Must have first mods? Busa Mods 23
D 1397 + turbo must do checklist Turbo 22
fallenarch If you hate RAP you MUST see this! Random Thoughts 10
MUNKI Must be looking in the wrong place??? General Bike Related Topics 6
over200 Talking Batteries..I must say.. General Bike Related Topics 29
Twobrothersbusa Stupid Black Friday Sales....must resist. Random Thoughts 15
L nice mod must see Busa Mods 71
Sous Sig Sauer MPX-C...Must have one! Random Thoughts 11
GsxrBots Must see... Anyone for a game of HORSE? Random Thoughts 3
kml Must watch Stevie Ray Vaughan-Little Wing video. Random Thoughts 7
Tufbusa Costco Doctor! must read Random Thoughts 9
kml Highway to He!! AC/DC must watch video Random Thoughts 19
D It is with a sad and heavy heart that I must report... Random Thoughts 12
TWT racer just a few must ride, Roads General Bike Related Topics 7
1busa *Must see TV* Goes without saying.............. Videos 1
B Must be getting colder -- had a bedful last night... Random Thoughts 13
GsxrBots Must see Facebook post!!! General Bike Related Topics 23
Blanca BusaLess This ad must have me mixed up with TeamGixxer......? Random Thoughts 14
dadofthree I must have missed a Day :) Random Thoughts 21
skydivr Moto GP Pre-race Press Conference Leguna Seca MUST SEE General Bike Related Topics 7
The Big Red One Incredibly funny must see vid by Baron Von Meathead General Bike Related Topics 3
Skywalker A Reagan Joke - Must Hear Random Thoughts 6
BUSA CRUSEN Must read commencement speech from Texas A&M Random Thoughts 9
MoNoXiDe Any must haves for 2011? Busa Mods 12
R Must have just missed him.... General Bike Related Topics 20
GsxrBots New smiley we MUST have! General Bike Related Topics 14
racerV Must ride today" North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia 0
DEMMYM Must be V-Day Random Thoughts 6
BusaWhipped I know this must be someone from here General Bike Related Topics 20
ManniBusa Must seen ! Videos 7
OneTrueRider MUST SEE - New Toy from Zapata Racing Videos 15
Gregor6 Now this is a must see.. Videos 23
Warchild I think he must be quite the Prankster... Politics 23
P Must Sale Too Fast. LOL!!!! General Bike Related Topics 26
G Must have maintenance tools, Gen2 Stands Maintenance and Do-It-Yourself 6
spencerrr nice burn out video must see Videos 32