any one got a 300 fat tire kit

tryin to find out if sum one is run that 300 fat tire kit on there busa give me sum feed back on the ride the handlin the up keep is it holdin up good for u thank
race.gif
or is it over kill

I have a friend who rode a Warrior.  We put a 280 on the back of his and the handling went downhill.  Pushing hard into turns, the bike would actually push the front end out in the opposite direction he was leaning into.  

If you're a canyon carver you can forget the 300.  If you putt around town, aren't serious about turns, and just enjoy the looks, then the 300 would work I'm sure.  

This is based on what I know about the 280.  It would probably be great for the track.

<!--EDIT|j1mmyj4m
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128870665 -->

there is a guy in the mod section of the board doin a step by step with pictures on the avon 300 conversion

Get the fat tire kit if you want it, there's alot of anti-bling haters so you'll get alot of negative responses based on dislike of this mod.
There's a few things that makes sense.
Your bike will not ride or handle like a stock set-up, so forget about that with a 300 kit.
Warranty will be affected if this is performed.
I'm thinking your braking might be hindered alittle from the extra weight out back.

On the plus sideof things:
It's a badass mod.
Chicks dig it.
It's a badass mod(did i mention that?)
and finally, it's just plain neato.
That's sums it up. Heck, now i want a 300 kit myself...with airride of course.
Good luck on your choosing.

I talked to a guy who works at Custom Sportbike Concepts, and asked him about the original "weld racing" Busa they built with a 280 on it. He said its like "driving a bus" it doesnt lean and doesnt want to turn, but it looks awesome.
It just depends on how you plan to ride your bike.

Back