240/300 fat tire kits

Lady Ice

Girl with a Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I love the look of the 240 fat tire and it will help me in points at bike shows but why not go all the way and get the 300 fat tire.??
Keep in mind I am a daily rider and is the 300 kit only for drag racing?? How would it handle on the street? Or do ya just think it's ugly???

The bigger tire you go, the more effort it will be to lean the bike. If you really like the twisties, I wouldn't put a fat tire out back.

If you're going to go 240 and you can afford it, why not just go close to max and get the 300. Biggest I've heard about is 330
wow.gif
Money will be the biggest issue.

The 300 kit is for show only really,think about it how do you think a 300 tire,heavy wheel and heavier arm is gonna help you go fast?
rock.gif
?if you wanna go fast that's not the way to get there,buy a turbo kit/Nitrous and more for the same money to go fast.they are nice if you wannna ride in a straight line imagine trying to turn a 18 wheeler truck around in a dollar store parking lot wth cars everywhere.You will have no turn in,the bike will feel like lifting and moving a center block.I do custom bikes and that's just what those kits are for,Show bikes or beach strip cruisers....They do look off da chain when done though...holla if you need some help on one,I know some of all the kit builders.if you do it and still wanna ride do the 240,still not good for what you've told us you like to do...Show bikes are show bikes,street/dragbike bikes are just that,don't mix the game up or you will be sorry you did unless you buy another bike and seperate the two styles.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137598457 -->

You got my pegged right Golden Child. I first got the busa to race it and now I show it. I want both
sad.gif
But I don't race it anymore but I do ride it alot so it not just a show bike. I like the look of the fat tire but I don't want to lose my ride completely. People told me I would lose my ride if I stretch it, but it's not bad at all, the rear tire really grabs now...
biggrin.gif

My last bike was a Warrior, I went from 200 (stock) to 240 then up again to 280. The power loss as seen by the DYNO from 200 to 280 was a clear 10%. I had to go from 17" to 18" but got some offset by going smaller on the front pulley. But spinning the added weight eats some juice. The handling can be overcome with practice, but you'll never get it all the way over again. On the 10" rim when you go full lean you wind up with about 3/4" of tire on the ground because of the tire profile.

I'd do it again but I don't want to spend 2+ times the cost of the bike again. My Busa is staying simple...

I was thinking about a 240 kit. Like the look and think I could overcome most of the handling differences. Just make sure that the kit is centered on the bike. If you look at some from the rear, they are a little off center. I bet that could make for a very bad handling bike.

Here's my input -

I have a 250 Tire bike, which I sold to my dad, and now he's selling it back to me - Reason?? Well, 250 rear tire bike aint as easy to ride as you may think. Bike wants to stand up in the corners. 250 likes to track a little different than your front tire. 240 Is a Metz tire, 250 is a Dunlop/Avon. I would say go with the 250 Dunlop, better profile than the 240's & forget the 300 unless you just plan on showing it - It aint a great tire to ride on all the time...verious reasons, but unless you ride one my input will seem pointless.

Now, I can still ride the heck out of the 250 bike, but it takes a lot of work to ride it right - almost exhausting after 2 or 3 hours. Another thing is when that new 250/300 tire gets some miles on her, she flattens out and cornering becomes even worse. Now, does it look nice - yah you bet it does, but are looks worth all the negatives
rock.gif
If ya have any specific questions about 250/300 just ask, and maybe I can answer em for ya.

250 Dunlop
www.thevmc.com Link no longer works

Thanks guys, I just got back from a ride and I really do love the way my bike handles now... After I stretch it 8 over , you do have to work it a little more on the corners so I can just image how a 240 tire will change it. I think I am going to just leave it alone, I don't want to sacrfice my ride.

Back