Any investors here?

Tesla Auto might last another 5 years. With Dems in power "labor" and regulations are going to get expensive. The Electric market is going to China and India. Soon, rating agencies will have to reduce government treasuries to junk. Remember the old days when 100 Billion in overspending was Bad. Now no one batted an eye at 4 Trillion in covid spending. Our Government is now like a Busa owner that says "just a single sided swingarm, and I am done". $100,000 later and "just those chrome frame covers and I am done, I am serious this time".
You telling me my $3000 busa that I've been dumping cash into like a dumpster fire isn't worth $30,000? I sir don't like your tone. :D

Their market cap is not realistic, especially if we look at 2020 increase of more than 500 billion.
The company is worth as much as that of the nine largest companies globally, despite selling only a fraction of the volume in comparison.

Scares me, I'm out.
It has defied all the rules for certain. It has been overvalued 300% ago. I finally talked myself in at $1200. Pre-split. Scared me enough on a downturn that I sold at a very nice return. Thinking that was that, I'll be damned if I didn't buy in again and it looks like it will see $850+. Now that it's included in the S&P, institutions are about to have to purchase like 76B worth of stock. I don't think it would be in the S&P if it was a shaky ready to crash company. It's been crazy. For awhile a down day was +3%. It's going to fall hard, but I don't see it in 2021.

Thanks man. If you're ok with long term like two or three years I think American Airlines if it can be had for around $15 should be a decent return. Zoom looks like it peaked and I'm considering it.
I'd do Delta and or Southwest AA is drowning in debt. I think all the travel stocks will come on strong by Feb/Mar.

I invest from time to time I don't make a killing off of it but does anyone here have investments in tesla? Their stock was around $45 last year and they hit a high of $640! Crazy I wish I invested in Tesla last year!
I just started investing in April of this year, but unfortunately I didn't really know what I was doing and only bought 1-2 shares of companies...should've bought 50-100! Not just Tesla, look at Samuel Adams (yes, the beer) their stock snuck up from $360-$1,092! Damn alcoholics on lockdown...:drink:
I am transitioning away from single company stocks to index funds through Fidelity...although, I will be buying some more travel related shares (cruise, flight, oil) as all of it is still dirt cheap and will be coming back eventually.

It is definitely a gamble no matter how you look at it, but you can definitely make some money if you are patient and do a little research.

I just started investing in April of this year, but unfortunately I didn't really know what I was doing and only bought 1-2 shares of companies...should've bought 50-100! Not just Tesla, look at Samuel Adams (yes, the beer) their stock snuck up from $360-$1,092! Damn alcoholics on lockdown...:drink:
I am transitioning away from single company stocks to index funds through Fidelity...although, I will be buying some more travel related shares (cruise, flight, oil) as all of it is still dirt cheap and will be coming back eventually.

It is definitely a gamble no matter how you look at it, but you can definitely make some money if you are patient and do a little research.
That is not true. The market process means that all stocks are priced in at their current value. 99% of the population can not truly value a company, do decent research, or predict future value. Idiots are buying Wayfair and Carvana, because they are the new Amazon. Index funds are the only way for the vast majority of the population. I would move to cash, and if Georgia goes to the Dems, you know the federal government will Overreach. Most companies are buying cheap money to fund capital, and purchasing revenue sources to make quarterly revenue gains. Ever wonder why interest rates are so low ? There is little demand for the amount of money the government wants you to borrow. There is too much money available. Bad sign for the future. Off Topic: has anyone noticed 2020 busa's continue to sit on showroom floors at list price. That Say, sportbikes are not selling and being replaced by naked's.

Ever wonder why interest rates are so low ?
...relatively speaking ...
IntRate.png

Actually Tesla wasn’t that low. Tesla got up too $1600 ish and split 4 ways a couple months ago. I bought in when it was $240 a share last year. Right now it’s at 650ish a share.

Actually Tesla wasn’t that low. Tesla got up too $1600 ish and split 4 ways a couple months ago. I bought in when it was $240 a share last year. Right now it’s at 650ish a share.
With 5X the shares. That stock has made a few millionaires in 3 years.

Yes it has. It’s a risky stock but if you have some money to play with it can be pretty good. I hope it goes up more and splits.

Musk is a busy fella, now taking on Apple with a high tech Tesla smartphone on the way.

With a P/E of 355 for me it remains over bought.

Back