Any investors here?

JeffSyh

Registered
I invest from time to time I don't make a killing off of it but does anyone here have investments in tesla? Their stock was around $45 last year and they hit a high of $640! Crazy I wish I invested in Tesla last year!

I invest from time to time I don't make a killing off of it but does anyone here have investments in tesla? Their stock was around $45 last year and they hit a high of $640! Crazy I wish I invested in Tesla last year!
I had the same when Facebook went to the stock market 10 years ago. I was sitting at home and was thinking if I should invest into it. A few days after they launched the stocked dropped like crazy and I was glad I didn't...
Now I regret it ever since haha....

I had the same when Facebook went to the stock market 10 years ago. I was sitting at home and was thinking if I should invest into it. A few days after they launched the stocked dropped like crazy and I was glad I didn't...
Now I regret it ever since haha....
Yup its 100% a gamble on start up businesses but for such a jump in 1 year is crazy! I can't see it staying that high but what do I know? If you invested $1000 into Amazon in 1997 you'd have roughly 4 million dollars today. But who would have thought it would increase so much. The thing with tesla is that people could have made 14x their profit in a year!

Tesla is a high risk stock to hold. They have the advantage that they make batteries, but the disadvantage that they are no longer the only ones making electric cars. Everyone is getting on board.

I bought 50 shares of Zoom at $98 on the advice of a friend. That's worked out great. The rest is in a conservative IRA fund and a CD. I'm not much of a gambler; the Zoom purchase was scary enough.

Tesla is a high risk stock to hold. They have the advantage that they make batteries, but the disadvantage that they are no longer the only ones making electric cars. Everyone is getting on board.
They seen a opportunity and knew where and how fast the future was going. It only a matter of time till lots of countries ban gas powered vehicles and tesla will be first in-line driving down prices since they have the resources and know how to build batteries. I feel most car makers will outsource the batteries and that will be an extra cost into building every car which would mean a more expensive product per say, I think tesla is here to stay and will dominate the automotive industry.

I bought 50 shares of Zoom at $98 on the advice of a friend. That's worked out great. The rest is in a conservative IRA fund and a CD. I'm not much of a gambler; the Zoom purchase was scary enough.
Good on you! Those are stories I love to hear.

They seen a opportunity and knew where and how fast the future was going. It only a matter of time till lots of countries ban gas powered vehicles
Hopefully this happens after I'm long gone from this plain of existance...

My buddy is always investing...not sure what but he says sometimes he's up by $30k and other times he's down...

He does say his type of investing is long term and not good for someone who is looking for a quick financial turnaround. He made enough this summer to pay cash for his '20 Mustang GT.

Hopefully this happens after I'm long gone from this plain of existance...
Well its starting in 2030 for some people as we all know. It will never be an outright ban of you can't drive that its gas powered it will be a slow transition to electric in 50+ years would be my best guess.

Well its starting in 2030 for some people as we all know. It will never be an outright ban of you can't drive that its gas powered it will be a slow transition to electric in 50+ years would be my best guess.
I'd own a hybrid but not fussy on a full EV though...

They seen a opportunity and knew where and how fast the future was going. It only a matter of time till lots of countries ban gas powered vehicles and tesla will be first in-line driving down prices since they have the resources and know how to build batteries. I feel most car makers will outsource the batteries and that will be an extra cost into building every car which would mean a more expensive product per say, I think tesla is here to stay and will dominate the automotive industry.
Their market cap is not realistic, especially if we look at 2020 increase of more than 500 billion.
The company is worth as much as that of the nine largest companies globally, despite selling only a fraction of the volume in comparison.

Scares me, I'm out.

I might like a tesla dont they run low 9's?
Depends on the model....I would think a full EV would be problematic with our weather here....I can only imagine the draw on power when running a defroster and lights while sitting at a stop light in -30'C...

Tesla Model Y’s Serious Production Problems: Here Are the Most Notable Ones (motortrend.com)

Consumer reports pans Tesla Models S and Y (cnbc.com)

Tesla Reliability Sinks In Consumer Reports Annual Study (forbes.com)

Their market cap is not realistic, especially if we look at 2020 increase of more than 500 billion.
The company is worth as much as that of the nine largest companies globally, despite selling only a fraction of the volume in comparison.

Scares me, I'm out.
Yup you are right they can't sustain that for long but would have been a good ride to get into and out of I wanna say even elon said his stock are way over valued.

Depends on the model....I would think a full EV would be problematic with our weather here....I can only imagine the draw on power when running a defroster and lights while sitting at a stop light in -30'C...

Tesla Model Y’s Serious Production Problems: Here Are the Most Notable Ones (motortrend.com)

Consumer reports pans Tesla Models S and Y (cnbc.com)

Tesla Reliability Sinks In Consumer Reports Annual Study (forbes.com)
Yah I might have to buy an extra battery chargers it was -25 today in sask.....

Tesla Auto might last another 5 years. With Dems in power "labor" and regulations are going to get expensive. The Electric market is going to China and India. Soon, rating agencies will have to reduce government treasuries to junk. Remember the old days when 100 Billion in overspending was Bad. Now no one batted an eye at 4 Trillion in covid spending. Our Government is now like a Busa owner that says "just a single sided swingarm, and I am done". $100,000 later and "just those chrome frame covers and I am done, I am serious this time".

Good on you! Those are stories I love to hear.
Thanks man. If you're ok with long term like two or three years I think American Airlines if it can be had for around $15 should be a decent return. Zoom looks like it peaked and I'm considering it.

Back