Any Idea Where This Goes..??

Blue Bayou

Registered
I found this underneath my Gen I lying on the ground about midway from front to back.
I had the tank raised working on the "choke" and also had replaced the rear undertray/fender earlier in the day. The piece is made of flexible rubber with a slot in it and has glue marks in the slot like it was glued on the edge of something.
TIA
IMG_6309.JPG

OK, I lifted the tank and inspected everything, no evidence of this rubber piece ever being used on or near it.
If anybody else has any ideas, please let me know.
TIA

Sits between tank and frame,don't lift the tank just follow the tank bottom edge where it meets the frame,check both sides and one will be missing,,you won't have to lift tank to see it

Ok, thanks fur the info. I don't have another bike handy but I suspect the other one may be missing.
I'll check it out.

Okee dokie, after using a magnifying glass and a flashlight, I finally found a faint mark where the rubber cusion had been glued.
I re-glued it with some silicone and now all that's left to do is find another one for the left side. I think I may just take some rubber neoprene hose and split it and slip it over the edge where the other one is missing. I did a Google search on the part number for that little rascal and it looks like a whold bunch of guys have had the same problem...LOL..!!!
Thanks for everyone's help..!!! :-)

Back