Any Dobie fans out there?

I lost my dobie Duke to a heart condition 3 years ago today. He was the most lovable 140 lbs. dog you could ever have, and I miss him alot. He lives on though, as the dog I adopted, Pepper, a 130 lb. chow lab mix, I swear is Duke reincarnated!

(GSXcite @ Jul. 06 2007,09:42) I lost my dobie Duke to a heart condition 3 years ago today. He was the most lovable 140 lbs. dog you could ever have, and I miss him alot. He lives on though, as the dog I adopted, Pepper, a 130 lb. chow lab mix, I swear is Duke reincarnated!
140!!
SHOCKED.gif

Was he lean & muscled, or did you feed him beer & pretzels?!?
laugh.gif

Damn that's a big dog, I'll bet he gave GXStacy a few wrestling matches along the way...
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i own/run a dog kennel and love all the dobies that we get, my fav is the rotti, and then the sheperds...

both the rottis and the dobies are by far some of the sweetest dogs i get here, i have one choc dobie that smiles at me, its funny as hell...

good luck with him

BTW now that its summer here i have about 75 dogs in my kennel, i better get back out there and pick up some more dog sh.... lol

(Shibumi @ Jul. 06 2007,09:47)
(GSXcite @ Jul. 06 2007,09:42) I lost my dobie Duke to a heart condition 3 years ago today. He was the most lovable 140 lbs. dog you could ever have, and I miss him alot. He lives on though, as the dog I adopted, Pepper, a 130 lb. chow lab mix, I swear is Duke reincarnated!
140!!  
SHOCKED.gif

Was he lean & muscled, or did you feed him beer & pretzels?!?  
laugh.gif

Damn that's a big dog, I'll bet he gave GXStacy a few wrestling matches along the way...  
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
He was a BIG dog. I adopted him from a group here in Kansas City called second chance adoption. They had him for quite awhile, seems people are scared of the big dogs. GSXTacy did not live with us when we had him. A funny story though. The first time GSXTacy came for a visit and brought Mojo the rotty, I was concerned that Duke and him might not get along, so I asked Chris to bring the kennel to put Mojo in during the night. When we got up the next morning and went to the garage where they both sleep, somehow one or both of them got the kennel door open and the two of them were snuggled up together sleeping away inside the kennel!
SHOCKED.gif
Those two dogs loved each other! Whenever I told Duke that Mojo was coming to visit he would go nuts, and when Chris would turn onto our street Mojo would go nuts too. Dogs, gotta love um!

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

SHOCKED.gif

yeah i got mine from a local shelter i am not sure how much of a dobie she is but in my heart she is great.

I was raised by my aunt and uncle who had 14 dobes not including all the stray dogs people left it was awesome so i always told my self i wanted one

and here she is

SUKI

1429487853_l.jpg

(Shibumi @ Jul. 06 2007,06:53)
(BusaBret @ Jul. 06 2007,07:18) Next to Rotts and Pitts that is probably the third most vicious and untrustworthy dog out there.
mad.gif

J/K. I have a Rott and a Pitt. I have always wanted a Doberman as well.

Beautiful pups all of you.
beerchug.gif
Oh, you were SO about to be charcoal!!!
laugh.gif
pissed.gif
pissed.gif

Yep, all awesome dogs. We don't have a pet, we have a family member with fur. Not to get too sappy, but I told my wife when we lost our girl Dobie to cancer I felt like a part of our family was missing without a Dobie in the house.
Gotcha!!
jump9.gif

I know exactly what you mean they are more like your kids than they are pets.

pissed.gif

Back in the day. Got to the bar a little early. Door was unlocked, they served me; PBR
SHOCKED.gif
Played some pool, went to the restroom and bam, Doberman caught me in the upper inner thigh, kicked her into the corner and slammed the door. Obviously she didn't mean to do any harm. Owner immediately went to raising hell at the help. The dog was supposed to be put out for opening. Drew blood through the jeans. Bastid didn't even offer me a dayum beer. Should have been drinking all night on him.
all_coholic.gif

Great dogs. To many dead pit bulls and strays around here.

(mrninja9 @ Jul. 06 2007,13:13) yeah i got mine from a local shelter i am not sure how much of a dobie she is but in my heart she is great.

I was raised by my aunt and uncle who had 14 dobes not including all the stray dogs people left it was awesome so i always told my self i wanted one

and here she is

SUKI
Great name!!
laugh.gif
She looks like all Dobie! And they are DEFINITELY lap and/or couch dogs...
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah here's an update to earlier pic-

7 weeks-

DSC03415Medium.jpg

10 weeks later-

DSC05057Medium.jpg

Just add food...
laugh.gif
lots of food!!

Back