any cruser riders here

Thx, Ill take that as a compliment.

Im glad I found this site. There is some really great info on Mr. Busa and his evil ways. Maybe Ill get one someday and see what all the fuss is about.

I will probably end up getting a cruiser like I said because of the lack of support from other riding groups because of their attitude about new riders. Even the SV1000k group says get a sv650 instead of a 1000. When every groups says the same thing like that it looks snobbish and stuck up. Like I said in the post above if the bikes really are that dangerous that you need that much experience to ride one then they should be outlawed from the streets permanently. Ride it on the racetrack because its too dangerous for the street. I like sportbikes and the technology that drives them but if its as bad as all the boards say it is then I would rather see them outlawed than to see people get hurt needlessly.
Welcome VJ...

I lurked on "another board" for nearly a year...watched people come and go, watched members tear others apart for even thinking that they could ride a Busa...and the closer I got to deciding to get one, I even had a member BEG me to not buy the Busa...I got the whole "you're a mom...think of your kids, you can't handle something that damn big" speech, and it wasn't warranted...it was degrading to say the least...feels terrible to think that if you even dare swing your leg over a Busa, you're going to die...

My experience?  Ummm...not much...I never rode even a moped as a kid!  I bought a Harley without ever even knowing where the brakes are on a bike, took the MSF course and practiced on back roads until I felt like I could ride alone.  I opted for the Busa, never been on one outside of the showroom...oh, and signed off of the board that is home to many that truly do have some God-like quality about them as if they're they only ones that can ride a friggin' bike...no offense to our "dual-members" here...
tounge.gif

Hayabusa.org isn't like that at all, and I'm so glad I found it...when people start in on the whole "hey, you shouldn't get a Busa as your first bike" thing, it's really only out of respect for new riders...we get quite a few new riders inquiring about the Busa as a first bike, and each of us has opinions/experiences to offer up...best we can do is give new riders all the info we can and then hope they make the decision that's best for them...I don't see anyone on this site as truly trying to make everyone else think they're of some special elite group, and you can't be a part of it...we hate to hear that anyone's gone down, and we'd hate to have a very young member hop on a Busa after we all say "hey, yeah!  Get one!", then find out he/she died on it...

We offer fair warning of how much insurance will cost, how much the plastic will cost if you drop it (hey, I know this all too well), how fast the bike truly is and that if you don't fear/respect it in any way as a new rider, you just might get hurt...

Me...I had a total of 2100 miles behind me in total experience...that's it...I bought a brand new Busa, it's almost got 5000 miles on it and I'm loving life...I'm by no means an expert, and I'm learning something new every time I ride...thing is that I revel in the fact that so many told me "you can't ride that!" and I do every single chance I get...

Don't let other boards, or anyone for that matter, tell you what you can and can't do...it's a very personal choice for each individual...never hurts to hear what others have to say or share experiences...I like to think that's really what we all do here...plus, you've got to remember, lots of people ask...what are we all going to do here?  Not offer up some advice?!  
biggrin.gif

Hope you stick around, even if you've made up your mind on buying something else besides a Busa, but keep in mind that having just one more respectable Busa rider will only help the sport biker plight!  
tounge.gif

Welcome to the board...hope you find it as fun as we do...
smile.gif

tounge.gif

Nice bike, I do like the rocket III Roadstar warrior?
rock.gif
maybe for my wife lol they are pretty weak compared to a REAL cruiser. VTX 1800 baby all hat needs to be said!!
rant.gif
lol
sORRy bro, that vtx just carries too much weight, the look & suspension is pretty dated too…but have no fear, I heard that Honda is gonna come out with a new “new school performance cruiserâ€￾ to compete w/ the Warrior & Vrod, the spy pics are somewhere one the net. Look for it in ’05 or ’06, peace  

rswarrior.com Home of the Metric Beast
"compete with the warrior", why? the vtx has more power and it outruns the warrior in every test that's out. now, the v-rod on the other hand is more powerful and faster than the vtx. if weight is the issue, why get a cruiser in the first place? it's kinda like some cruiser riders that want more power.

I like what is going on at H.Org here. Its a good group of people. There are not any other forums with as many tips and tricks to make the machine work better for each person. Lots of good mod ideas and reviews of parts. I think the main reason is that the Hayabusa attracts a more uh, mature crowd because of its size. Its not great for stunting and acting like an ass on so the squids stick to the literbikes and 600/750 sportbikes for that. I guess thats the problem with the race type sportbikes is the age and general maturity level of the group that rides them. Too bad for them because the make things hard on everyone who enjoys sportbikes big or small. I would like a hayabusa but the wife is one of the people who hates "crotchrockets" She is from chicago and most of her family is from wisconsin and they all have Harleys. Hell I could probably get a V-Rod out of her if I wanted to press the issue. So that is the main reason I am looking hard at the Warrior as the bike for me.

I may end up with both eventually if I am lucky! More than likely whatever I get will be the only bike I ever have because I have a degenerative back condition and probably only have 6-10 years to ride anyway before no more bike for me.
Whatever I get Im wanting to get a 125 offroad bike to play on because there is a lot of land around me out here in the country.

Thanks for replying to the posts though.

Once again Im very sorry for hijacking the original topic
blush.gif
I know better than to do that but I just got off on a rant and couldnt help but go with it.

-vJ-

Let us know how that Rocket 3 rides when it comes in.  Here is a photo of my super slow shadow along with my Busa. This photo was done before I did any mods to the Busa.

<!--EDIT|bass boss
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086150908 -->

shadow_busa.jpg

rock.gif
maybe for my wife lol they are pretty weak compared to a REAL cruiser. VTX 1800 baby all hat needs to be said!!
rant.gif
lol
sORRy bro, that vtx just carries too much weight, the look & suspension is pretty dated too…but have no fear, I heard that Honda is gonna come out with a new “new school performance cruiserâ€￾ to compete w/ the Warrior & Vrod, the spy pics are somewhere one the net. Look for it in ’05 or ’06, peace  

"compete with the warrior", why?  the vtx has more power and it outruns the warrior in every test that's out.  now, the v-rod on the other hand is more powerful and faster than the vtx.  if weight is the issue, why get a cruiser in the first place?  it's kinda like some cruiser riders that want more power.
Well the VTX isnt going to get anywhere near the Rocket III performance wise. Its just not going to happen. There is an extra 500cc worth of displacement there. 2300 or a little over I think. The VTX wont even be able to stay close enough to see the brakelight on that bad boy.

As for the warrior vs vtx vs vrod its all just a matter of preference. I like the warrior and vrod. Im 27 and Im not into the generic Harley lookalike cruiser. If I get a bike that looks like a Harley its going to be one. Do you like your junk to hang to the left or right? Thats the same as warrior vs. VTX it is going to be different with every person you see. Just like Hayabusa or ZX-12. Different strokes for different folks. The warrior is for people who like innovation instead of conventional cruiser thinking. The VTX is just an extremely large displacement cruiser. The Warrior is innovative and it pushes the market forward with its design and implementation. The Rocket III is going to be something else entirely. More of a standard than a cruiser. Im thinking its a beast more along the lines of the v-max only bigger and scarier. If somebody wants to send me a demo to ride for a few months I would be more than happy to report back to you weekly and give a thourogh write up at the end of my testing with the bike.

-vJ-

You guys are alright here just instead of saying dont get a busa as a firstbike ask them in detail their reasons for wanting one and break it down reason by reason. If they just want it because its the fastest bike in the world then they will end up hurt or dead. Its something that cannot be generalized and has to be taken on a case by case basis.
Appreciate the clarification, VJ! I would still disagree about folks telling others that owning a 'Busa as a first bike is a mistake. Again, I have read most of these posts and though there is some of that if you continue reading the post it will show these same questions being asked and answered. It is absolutely an individual choice to buy a motorcycle. There are individuals that buy 'Busas but don't belong to this board, so we certainly aren't out on any crusade. I probably had fewer miles experience than VA had spread over a longer period of time before buying a 'Busa. I just knew I wanted one and was going to get one. Bought it and then joined this board.

I'm sure Cap and the other moderators appreciate the comments about the board as well. There is a certain amount of ribbing that goes on, but nothing serious or intentional. Hope you enjoy the site and stick around regardless of what bike you decide to get!

Welcome to the board!

As for the warrior vs vtx vs vrod its all just a matter of preference. I like the warrior and vrod. Im 27 and Im not into the generic Harley lookalike cruiser. If I get a bike that looks like a Harley its going to be one. Do you like your junk to hang to the left or right? Thats the same as warrior vs. VTX it is going to be different with every person you see. Just like Hayabusa or ZX-12. Different strokes for different folks. The warrior is for people who like innovation instead of conventional cruiser thinking. The VTX is just an extremely large displacement cruiser. The Warrior is innovative and it pushes the market forward with its design and implementation. The Rocket III is going to be something else entirely. More of a standard than a cruiser. Im thinking its a beast more along the lines of the v-max only bigger and scarier. If somebody wants to send me a demo to ride for a few months I would be more than happy to report back to you weekly and give a thourogh write up at the end of my testing with the bike.

-vJ-
Hey VJ, U are so on the money. SOME of these metric riders crack me up ‘cuz all they do is rip Harleys all day & then they spend the same amount of time & money trying to make their bikes look & sound “just like a Harleyâ€￾…sorry, but talk about posers. Look at the Rune, the Rocket, Vrod, Warrior, the older but ahead of it’s time Vmax, even the Mean Streak, all of these bikes are cruisers but have there own distinctive modern looks without wanting to look like a old school HARLEY soft tail. I can’t wait to pay off my Busa & in a couple of years (& keep it of course) & then get a new “performance cruiserâ€￾ from whomever in this new highly competitive market...the future is gonna get pretty exciting!

BTW, U can get a power commander and a V&H pro pipe on a stock warrior & go toe to toe w/ a Vrod with out spending $20 large.

Gheez gang sorry i started this. Ck. the rocket specs 140 ft lbs at 1800 rpm. 704 pound bike and ill make it lighter. What else is there except a busa. I wanta have them both. But i want to eat to. Jack

Gheez gang sorry i started this. Ck. the rocket specs 140 ft lbs at 1800 rpm. 704 pound bike and ill make it lighter. What else is there except a busa. I wanta have them both. But i want to eat to.   Jack
Sorry to mess the thread, the rocket numbers are impressive. If U can deal w/ all that weight then that's good for U. Someone broke on my bike & I lost it.
bowdown.gif

Well Aztec the rocket is going to end up being around 150-200lbs heavier than a warrior and around the same weight maybe a little less than the VTX. With twice as much torque and a good suspension its going to be the king cruiser. On top of that its going to have that awesome sound coming from that triple like the triumphs are known for, only this time its more than twice as big! Cruisers are fun for riding around town or decked out for touring. Finally the manufacturers are putting out cruisers that can throw down in the twisties.

I like the warrior best out of the bikes out now. Somebody may have one out in a year thats even better but I doubt it. Rocket is an awesome bike. VTX is an awesome bike. Mean Streak is an awesome bike. Warrior is the bike for me though if I get a power cruiser.

rock.gif
rant.gif
lol

"compete with the warrior", why?  the vtx has more power and it outruns the warrior in every test that's out.  now, the v-rod on the other hand is more powerful and faster than the vtx.  if weight is the issue, why get a cruiser in the first place?  it's kinda like some cruiser riders that want more power.
I see someone else agrees with me about the warrior being weak as hell. PLease get off the warriors high horse, Hondas are the only company with great cruisers. When it comes to motorcycles, Honda (cruisers) and Suzuki (sportsbikes) are the ONLY two companies worth discussing, all the rest are a waste of time and money
wink.gif

rock.gif
rant.gif
lol

Well the VTX isnt going to get anywhere near the Rocket III performance wise. Its just not going to happen. There is an extra 500cc worth of displacement there. 2300 or a little over I think. The VTX wont even be able to stay close enough to see the brakelight on that bad boy.

-vJ-
agreed on the preference part but not on the vtx being more generic harley look alike. i think the warrior with it's push rod air cool engine and belt drive is an exact clone of harleys. v-rod on the other hand is a harley so need to go there. i also agreed that vtx, warrior or v-rod aren't going to get anywhere near the rocket 3 performance wise if the initial numbers are accurate. like you say, different strokes for different folks.

An engine is an engine. The styling of the bike isnt the engine. You can have 10 different custom bikes with the same S&S engine and they will all look completely different. The styling and look of the bike come from the frame, the bodywork and its placement and everything except the engine. Every motorcycle with a V-Twin engine is going to look basically the same in the area of the motor. Two cylinders with the heads on and then below lies the bottom end and gearbox.

Pushrods engines are easier to design and are also more reliable. Why do you think companies have been making them for as long as there have been internal combustion engines. In the same way belt drive is also easier to maintain and generally more reliable than chains. Nothing to clean and grease on a belt. The only thing to do is adjust the play in it. Granted shaft final drive is probably the best for reliability and ease of use but it adds weight and costs more than either chain or belt drive.

You have just been on too many VTX sites and have been brainwashed by the goons on the forums who have a VTX tattoo on their fat pimply ass. The truth of the matter is that yes the Road Star was a harley clone. JUST LIKE THE VTX. The warriors only common link to that bike is the name and the engine. Oh and by the way the engine on the warrior is upgraded and has a larger displacement than the regular road star. The warrior has a specially designed frame and suspension and brake parts off of current sportbikes in the yamaha line. People who get a warrior dont get it because its the most powerful bike. They get the warrior so when some goon on a "more powerful" VTX tries to follow them up a winding mountain road they can drive off and leave them wondering where the rocketship in front of them went.
wink.gif

The whole point is that nobody cares which bike is this or that and what it does or whos got the biggest whatever. We all like bikes and they are all capeable of taking you where you want to go and letting you have fun getting there. What peoples ideas of fun are is up to them. Some like getting there slow and easy and some like to have the front wheel off the ground going through the gears and going fast enough to get there before they even leave their house. I like the VTX its a good looking bike. I know how much power they all have and I know which one I like and which one Aztecwarrior likes... The Warrior. You like the VTX and think its better than the warrior. We get it and we still arent really interested. Its like all the Hayabusa vs. ZX-12 or R-1 vs. GSX-R 1000 they have all been discussed and beaten to death. We know what you like and we are glad you enjoy your bike and if you are ever in arkansas after I get a bike I would love to go riding with you all.

Back to the Rocket III....
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
  If it really weighs about 700lbs wet with that much torque its going to be a monster to keep traction on that back tire. Then again think about the fact that some crazy guy is going to figure out a way to put a turbo on it!
sad.gif
 I am officially getting chills just thinking about it. If triumph had a decent dealer network and the maintainence schedule wasnt so expensive to do I would get a Speed triple. Only one dealer in the area and that means that your wallet is gonna get hit when its time for the valve adjustment.

I dont have a bike and I think any bike at all is a good one. So the arguments about whats more powerful dont matter. If you have a 250 Rebel and it makes you smile to ride it then you have all that you need.

-vJ-

wow.gif

wow.gif

An engine is an engine. The styling of the bike isnt the engine. You can have 10 different custom bikes with the same S&S engine and they will all look completely different. The styling and look of the bike come from the frame, the bodywork and its placement and everything except the engine. Every motorcycle with a V-Twin engine is going to look basically the same in the area of the motor. Two cylinders with the heads on and then below lies the bottom end and gearbox.

Pushrods engines are easier to design and are also more reliable. Why do you think companies have been making them for as long as there have been internal combustion engines. In the same way belt drive is also easier to maintain and generally more reliable than chains. Nothing to clean and grease on a belt. The only thing to do is adjust the play in it. Granted shaft final drive is probably the best for reliability and ease of use but it adds weight and costs more than either chain or belt drive.

You have just been on too many VTX sites and have been brainwashed by the goons on the forums who have a VTX tattoo on their fat pimply ass. The truth of the matter is that yes the Road Star was a harley clone. JUST LIKE THE VTX. The warriors only common link to that bike is the name and the engine. Oh and by the way the engine on the warrior is upgraded and has a larger displacement than the regular road star. The warrior has a specially designed frame and suspension and brake parts off of current sportbikes in the yamaha line. People who get a warrior dont get it because its the most powerful bike. They get the warrior so when some goon on a "more powerful" VTX tries to follow them up a winding mountain road they can drive off and leave them wondering where the rocketship in front of them went.
wink.gif

The whole point is that nobody cares which bike is this or that and what it does or whos got the biggest whatever. We all like bikes and they are all capeable of taking you where you want to go and letting you have fun getting there. What peoples ideas of fun are is up to them. Some like getting there slow and easy and some like to have the front wheel off the ground going through the gears and going fast enough to get there before they even leave their house. I like the VTX its a good looking bike. I know how much power they all have and I know which one I like and which one Aztecwarrior likes... The Warrior. You like the VTX and think its better than the warrior. We get it and we still arent really interested. Its like all the Hayabusa vs. ZX-12 or R-1 vs. GSX-R 1000 they have all been discussed and beaten to death. We know what you like and we are glad you enjoy your bike and if you are ever in arkansas after I get a bike I would love to go riding with you all.

Back to the Rocket III....
wow.gif

wow.gif

wow.gif
  If it really weighs about 700lbs wet with that much torque its going to be a monster to keep traction on that back tire. Then again think about the fact that some crazy guy is going to figure out a way to put a turbo on it!
sad.gif
 I am officially getting chills just thinking about it. If triumph had a decent dealer network and the maintainence schedule wasnt so expensive to do I would get a Speed triple. Only one dealer in the area and that means that your wallet is gonna get hit when its time for the valve adjustment.

I dont have a bike and I think any bike at all is a good one. So the arguments about whats more powerful dont matter. If you have a 250 Rebel and it makes you smile to ride it then you have all that you need.

-vJ-
na man, you got it wrong about my points or me going to many vtx sites. you also got it wrong by assuming i like the vtx and think it's better than the warrior.  you like the warrior more than the vtx and i can say the same about you, we get it and we still aren't really interested either.  what you got right is "nobody is this or that and what it does or whos got the biggest whatever".  the points i made was something that i disagreed in the postings, like my points, why compete w/ the warrior when the vtx is already more powerful and faster and the vtx looks less like a harley than a warrior because it doesn't shared the push rod air cool engine and belt drive. we all know that the vtx is a little faster than the warrior and the warrior is a better handler in the tests that were done so no need to go there, like you say "been discussed and beaten to death."  i still think that warrior looks more like a harley due to the reasons i stated already and it's not a bad thing to look like a harley but that just my view.  "who get a warrior don't get it because it's the most powerful bike", agreed, why get any cruiser if you want power.  like you, i know how much power they all have, the vtx does have more power than the warrior, that just the facts.  "oh and by the way the engine on the warrior is upgraded and has a larger displacement than the regular road star", btw, the road star also shares the same larger displacements with the road star warrior now.  however, i don't like either or saying one is better than the other, that's why i ride a busa, just sharing my thoughts on those points and it's not better or worse than yours.  sure, i live in california but if i ever pass by your neck of the wood, i'll hit you up for a ride.  "it makes you smile to ride then you have all that you need", couldn't agreed w/ you more and trust me, the busa gives me the biggest smile in the world. thanks!

<!--EDIT|willgetbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086243726 -->

wow.gif

wow.gif

Really nothing to add here, same old song. In general, the older guys want a straight-line cruisers with traditional looks with as much power & weight (for bragging rights) they can muster for interstate cruising while the younger guys want sportbikes & the late 20’s & early 40’s guys want something in between. Something for the straight line & something a little lighter for handling in the twisties. Hello Vmax, Vrod, Warrior, etc… As far as the fastest cruiser out there, Mad Max (Vmax) w/ it’s Vboost system is still the king after all these years…and that is a fact jack. Hey, how ‘bout a 2000cc? Will it out run a VTX w/ a measly 1800cc??? U VTX boys are in BIG trouble now.
tounge.gif

vulcanBOTY.jpg

Really nothing to add here, same old song. In general, the older guys want a straight-line cruisers with traditional looks with as much power & weight (for bragging rights) they can muster for interstate cruising while the younger guys want sportbikes & the late 20’s & early 40’s guys want something in between. Something for the straight line & something a little lighter for handling in the twisties.  Hello Vmax, Vrod, Warrior, etc… As far as the fastest cruiser out there, Mad Max (Vmax) w/ it’s Vboost system is still the king after all these years…and that is a fact jack.  Hey, how ‘bout a 2000cc? Will it out run a VTX w/ a measly 1800cc??? U VTX boys are in BIG trouble now.
tounge.gif
i agreed with you on the age thing and the mighty v-max. the 2000 couldn't beat the vtx 1800c in 1/4 mile according to the tests that were done but i'm sure it has more top end than the vtx. just like the rune and goldwing, couldn't outrun the vtx in the quarters but it has more top ends due to more power. lastly, mighty max is still on top of the food chain in regards to cruisers.

Back