Another recall....... Brake line torque at the abs pump.

Ked0607

Registered
Title says it all. Some brake lines are leaking at the pump. Not sure what Gen 3 years it's for but here's what is got.

Screenshot_20240125_222320_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Typically aftermarket torque spec for any stainless steel brake line banjo bolt is 14 ft pounds. You can easily do that on the factory screws, and a little bit more.

I was speaking with Suzuki, Brea, Customer Service yesterday, trying to acquire a switch mode power supply ic vendor for the gauge cluster I need to repair.

I told him who I was, I gave my information, and I said you can take me off the recall for the brake master cylinder mailing list, and he said why is that? I said I went with Brembo and I don't trust the dealer kids to do the job correctly. A lot of us on the Hayabusa forums don't trust the dealer techs. We do it ourselves.

He said, "I hear a lot of that". Trust the feel, and try and use the proper wrench for the job. In metric, of course.

IMG_4894.jpeg

Last edited:
993 units/bikes must have the letter in box at 5 FEBR , Dealers got the paper on 29Jan .

ALL INFO COLLECT IN TEXT attach sooooooooooon .

1 Gen3 25-1-2024 recall Screen Shot 01-26-24 at 09.30 PM.JPG

2 Gen3 25-1-2024 recall Screen Shot 01-26-24 at 09.30 PM.JPG

Attachments

• Gen3 Second Recall abs brakehose leaking 25-1-2024.txt
    6.3 KB · Views: 21
  • GEN3 ABS RECALL 3A01 RCLRPT-24V038-8261.pdf
    213.2 KB · Views: 35
guys?

read the gen2´s (´13-´20) manual

in the abs-section they mentioned (if i remember correctely) 17Nm at the flare nuts

easy to check - lift the abs´s alu-cover and wipe the pipes and nuts with a dry finger - if finger gets wet the torques are not ok .
the nut was poorly tightened - so slowly tighten it with a suitable, I mean 12mm (slotted - see pic above) box wrench until the leak is gone.
feel it every now and then with your dry finger.

guys?

read the gen2´s (´13-´20) manual

in the abs-section they mentioned (if i remember correctely) 17Nm at the flare nuts

easy to check - lift the abs´s alu-cover and wipe the pipes and nuts with a dry finger - if finger gets wet the torques are not ok .
the nut was poorly tightened - so slowly tighten it with a suitable, I mean 12mm (slotted - see pic above) box wrench until the leak is gone.
feel it every now and then with your dry finger.
16nm in this recall

1000001982.jpg

Back