Brake Line Replacement For Busa Abs Models

WolfPack12

Registered
I recently bought some CoreMoto SS brake lines. I have a 2014 Hayabusa ABS, and I was wondering if it will be a difficult job to replace the lines myself especially since it has the ABS pump (which is the part I am skeptical about). I know the ABS pump is located under the tanks.

Is this something I can tackle myself or just take to a shop? I have a good bit of mechanical background, but not much on a motorcycle.

If you don't have a mighty vac, you'll need something to push or pull fluid through the lines.
Motorcycle brakes work basically the same as cars...but don't gravity bleed near as easy.
You can buy a horse syringe if there is a farm supply store near you. No needle, and are only a couple bucks. Add some clear brake hose. Draw fluid up hose into syringe. Put hose on caliper bleeder, open it, push syringe.
fluid will go up the line to the master cylinder.
Top of the mc, and bleed just like car brakes.
It works great on the cheap.
It's also adviseable to pump the brake lever up, zip tie it tight to the bar, and let it sit overnight(cardboard around lever and grip keeps ziptie from damaging rubber grip or scratching lever ).
Next morn, open bleeder, remove ziptie, and bleed normally one more time.
Having lever pressure applied overnight makes all the air work it's way to the end of the line, the bleeder.
This ensures all air is out.
It's a simple job.
I wouldn't pay to have it done.

getting the stock line out is fun :) I replaced mine due to needing a longer line for the LSL/ABM handle bar kit . Most of the line is STEEL .
I also have a 2014 ABS . You wont notice much change in brake feel till you do a master cylinder swap .

Need guidance please:-
Currently working on my 2019 Busa (ABS) for replacing it's OEM rear brake hose with a steel braided ABS one.
Stuck, since I cannot find a proper access to the ABS block that is resting right behind the frame. The swing arm assembly is restricting the access.
Lifted the tank but it isnt helping either.
Even if I manage to take it off, then I am not sure how will it be possible to fix a new one in that tight space since the design is different on the new hose.
Enclosing some pictures for reference

IMG_3741.JPG

FA0A25D8-404A-4CB0-A560-37B12CCC3CB4.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg

Back