Another on race leather

I have seen this suite at cycle gear. It looks fine but feels very light compared to the better stuff. Our cycle gear still has some high end suites left so you can compare them directly for yourself. Personally, I would be fine wearing this on the occasional track day but I wouldn't race in it.

That's the kind of insight I'm interested in. I woulda thought it felt average to heavy. I tried it on today as well as the 800$ alpine stars one. Of course the bigger tag brought bigger comfort. But as I said its new to me. Thanks, and anyone else I'd like to read your thoughts.

For now the (required) use will be for drag, and the cool mornings in the hills. my wallets not big enough for track days lol.

I have never been terribly impressed with the house brand products sold by Cycle Gear. Keep an eye on the closeout section at STG. Also look at MotorcycleGear.com. You'll often find great deals on high quality suits from both of those sellers. I've done a good deal of business with each of them and they are top-notch. :thumbsup:

I didn't realize sedici was their brand. But it explains why that's the only place I saw them. Checkin out the links now.

I didn't realize sedici was their brand. But it explains why that's the only place I saw them. Checkin out the links now.

Yep, Sedici and Bilt are the in-house gear brands at Cycle Gear.

If I were strapped for cash and looking for off the shelf leathers, I wouldn't go to the Walmart section of cycle gear (Sedici - Bilt). That stuff is on the very bottom end of quality. I would shop used on ebay. You often find really nice quality gear at very reasonable prices. One of my friends just purchased a very nice Taichi race suit for $400. You don't get much better than Taichi.

If you are looking for something to use for street use with the occasional track day, you may want to consider a two piece suit. Much more desirable for everyday use.

If I were strapped for cash and looking for off the shelf leathers, I wouldn't go to the Walmart section of cycle gear (Sedici - Bilt). That stuff is on the very bottom end of quality. I would shop used on ebay. You often find really nice quality gear at very reasonable prices. One of my friends just purchased a very nice Taichi race suit for $400. You don't get much better than Taichi.

If you are looking for something to use for street use with the occasional track day, you may want to consider a two piece suit. Much more desirable for everyday use.

I'd like to do that, but being unsure of my sizing in different brands I'd be to worried to order.

I'd like to do that, but being unsure of my sizing in different brands I'd be to worried to order.

There are certain sites that offer a return/exchange program if sizing is off also no restocking fee. Not sure but check Revzilla and S.T.G. return policies :thumbsup:

There are certain sites that offer a return/exchange program if sizing is off also no restocking fee. Not sure but check Revzilla and S.T.G. return policies :thumbsup:

Yeah I think I will go back and try on all the suits just to try and get a more confident idea. Still don't think it will be enough for me to buy used. But it should give me a good idea for a site like your talking about.

+100. I am very happy with my current 2-piece Alpinestars jacket and pant set up. I have an ATL jacket (pic below swiped off the net) which is great as a stand alone jacket and very easily zips into Astars leather pants (pic below also off the net). P.S. Match it all up with Astars gloves and boots as well

2008_alpinestars_atl_leather_jacket_black_white_633239743312568746.jpg

trackpant_main.jpg

I have never been terribly impressed with the house brand products sold by Cycle Gear. Keep an eye on the closeout section at STG. Also look at MotorcycleGear.com. You'll often find great deals on high quality suits from both of those sellers. I've done a good deal of business with each of them and they are top-notch. :thumbsup:

I second MotorcycleGear.com (the new name of New Enough). Their customer service was amazing when I used them a while back. Simply call them up, and say that's what I want, and I am short on funds. What can you offer me?

+100. I am very happy with my current 2-piece Alpinestars jacket and pant set up. I have an ATL jacket (pic below swiped off the net) which is great as a stand alone jacket and very easily zips into Astars leather pants (pic below also off the net). P.S. Match it all up with Astars gloves and boots as well

Alpine stars was the best fitting gloves I found. So I have those. Still no new boots yet.

A-stars do make the best gloves hands down :bowdown:

Can't tell you how many pairs of gloves/brands...... their sizing and quality is spot on!

A-stars do make the best gloves hands down :bowdown:

Can't tell you how many pairs of gloves/brands...... their sizing and quality is spot on!

Same here. Luckily cycle gear has that 30 day exchange on everything pretty much. Tried probably half a dozen.

So it's been a while not really looking at leathers. But now I have a coworker with a jacket he grew out of (horizontally)

Anyone try this jacket before. Alpinestars gp-m? If i get it at a good price I can buy pants and have a zip set.

image-2479697929.jpg

image-3438278593.jpg

That jacket looks very sharp, I will personally buy it if I were looking (and can afford it). Really cannot go wrong with Alpinestars. If you're getting a good deal, go for it.

Back