another ebay rip off

kingbrutis

Registered
How far have you gone to mess with these scamers? I sent this guy a letter because his location on ebay is in Scottsdale, about 20 min away. Anyway, he is in Greece now I guess. Here's his reply.

Hello,
First let me say that the bike is available for $2800, I am the first owner of the bike. You will receive your bike by DAS at your home address. It is insured in case of damage and it takes 7 days to be delivered at your door. I will send the bike with all the papers you need to register it(clear title, bill of sale, odometer disclosure statement).No scratches or dents, never touched the ground, no hidden defects,the bike has not sustained any damage whatsoever ,never been into accidents. I recently moved to Greece and the bike is here with me and because I want to deal as soon as possible I am ready to cover the shipping costs and insurance. If you agree with this price we can start to complete the transaction, you won't pay any additional taxes because the bike is registered in US, just the price for it ($2800). I am a private seller not a dealer and I had ( for the moment ) the privilege to buy this bike for a low cost from a bankrupt store and we bought it along with others in order to make a showroom, but life had another plan for us. My wife was promoted and we had to move to Greece and we do not have time to open the showroom anymore, besides there are a lot of things which have priority now, so this bike has to go, you have now the opportunity to purchase the bike from me at great saving from the original price.
The payment we will be made safely under ebay's purchase protection program and the most important thing is that I have a purchase protection account for $10,000 and I assume you know what this mean. In case we will close this deal, you are protected by ebay. How you are protected by ebay, well, in case you will not receive the bike as I described to you, ebay will refund you 100%. If you are interested in purchasing the bike provide me with your name and shipping address so we can start the transaction.
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: <Lesto592@msn.com>
Subject: bikes
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 10
lmini001.gif
41 -0700

Hey, I'm interested in your bikes. I am in Phoenix and would like to come by and look at them. Thanks Joe

if it sounds too good to be true...................... seen several of these scams on ebay, they need to tighten up on these scum sucking pigs
guns.gif

Back