Because I trust you

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I see these from time 2 time and if in the right mood I reply something like this :

Craigs list ad Victory Vegas 2004 only $3000

iaprom@aim.com wrote:

Hello,and thank you for your interest in my 2004 Victory vegas. The bike looks and runs exactly as new. The milleage is 28000 miles.This puppy is fully equipped with a Victory Stage 1 Kit, Victory Pipes, Corbin Seat, Leather Saddle Bags, and Chrome Mirrors. This beast comes stock with a 1507 motor that putts out enough performance and power to be more than impressed with. Added to which is the sleek and sexy body style accompanied by its billet rims. The motor runs great, the transmission is strong, shifting smoothly through all gears, the tires have a lot of life left, and all lights and signals work up to standard.

I have the photos of the bike hosted on the internet at the following address:

http://usera.imagecave.com/iaprom/

Check them out, there are about 40 pics, you can really see this beauty from all angles. I hope you are serious in your intention for buying, don`t take it personally, but I had many problems with fake buyers in the past. So if you decide on buying the bike, I want the deal closed only through ebay`s Safe Purchase program. You will make the payment to ebay and they will hold the money until you receive the bike. You will not pay me any money before geting the bike. ONLY AFTER you receive the bike and you inspect it, eBay will release the payment to me, in this way we are both protected. I am located in Rome , Italy . I moved here few months ago, brought the victory with me, but now I have to sell it back in the United States , because registering an american bike here would cost me a fortune.Italy has very high taxes for registering such bikes. My final price on it is $3000. If you will take this price, I am willing to pay for shipping and insurance to your

location. Please get back to me A.S.A.P. if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Ian Gerre
138 Mia Piara
Rome
Italy

--------------------- MY RESPONCE :

Sure, yes I will buy this motorcycle from you and I will actually send you $50,000 u.s. and will trust you to send back the balance after the check clears and you can send me the bike with all the extras and of course I will trust you because it is an internet deal and ofcourse it is safe through Ebays non existant safe purchase program because I trust you, some one I never met because you are selling me a bike valued at over $14,000.00 but you are selling for only $3,000.00 u.s because you like and trust me because we met over the internet. Should I send the money through the fed ex or directly over the web via my paypal account that I will give you the username and pass word to you only because I trust you to be honorable and trust worthy because we met over the craigs list and I trust you.

Sincerely.

Soon to be new bike owner with no bike because I am dumbazz and trust you - Kent
eek2.gif

the sad part is that somewhere there are people that have fallen for deals like this..otherwise it wouldn't be such a popular scam.

sad.gif

Anybody able to run the VIN? The last photo on that page is the VIN tag. Just curious who actually owns the bike and if they know it's for sale...

I am in the process of selling my wife's 2000 Dodge Durango thru a local WantAd Digest. Within two days of listing it I received three e-mails from these same freaks who can barely spell a complete English sentence and are always willing to pay me more than I asked. If life were only that easy!!! It would be comical if it weren't so disturbing. I sold a Kawi ZZR-1200 last year and got the same stuff. scammers, scammers, scammers!!!
crazy.gif

I swear about half the busa's on fleebay last year (when I started looking for one) were BID=$3000. I hate scammers (and spammers). The ridiculous low price is a dead give away.

Are people that stupid to send money to these guys???
all_coholic.gif

I find it hard to believe these morons really get money sent to them!!

I was almost one of those guys that was tryin to buy a busa...i even went as far as gettin 2 western union checks 1 to send to the person...get the bike then 2nd the otehr check..until i posted it on here and asked you guys about the bike....the prices wasnt to bad is why i didnt think it was a scam....but i was almost had

thanks guys

Same thing almost happened to me I bid on a visor for my truck someone contacted me with a buy it now price and said all bills would come from ebay to protect us both. WHen I got the bill it looked like it was from Ebay but the bidding was still going on for the visor so I contacted Ebay Yep scam almost got me but I noticed address was Greece LOL I wonder how many people get burned by these aholes

Back