Another Busa scam???

Nijinsky3

Nijinsky ~ Horseweek 4/10
Donating Member
Registered
Got this today. I had written him yesterday and he just now got back to me. Sounds fishy. First he says he has a sick child, now he says he is getting divorced??

Hmmm....

<span style='color:black'><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'>Hi,

My name is Andrew John and i'm glad to hear that you are interested about my bike.The person that wanted to buy this bike changed his mind that's why the bike it's not available on the website any more.This bike is in perfect condition without any damaged or other problems.At this time I am located in Italy with my son because he will suffer a kidney transplante operation this week.I have a Vehicle Purchase Protection Account with Ebay Motors wich protects buyer against fraud up to $20.000 when using it to buy a motorcycle or any other vehicle.In order to start this transaction i need your full name and shipping address to contact Ebay Motors with this details. If you did not hear about deals through Ebay Motors program please check their website at this link:
http://pages.motors.ebay.com/help....ce.html

Here you have the description of my bike:

2003 SUZUKI hayabusa,Clean bike with many chrome upgrades

This bike is truly MINT, 2003 SUZUKI hayabusa,, Clean bike with many chrome upgrades. The pics say it all. One owner and the bike has been treated like an angel. Bike includes cover and tank bag with all the stock OEM parts. Newborn with medical problems forces sale - MUST SELL - getting divorced - my loss is your gain - If you want a crowd around your bike - this is it - EVERYONE says it's the best looking bike they have ever seen.Warranty from the factory international.The bike will be shipped from the U.S.

Soo...i hope to obtain for my bike $2.990 US.
The bike has a Clear Title wich you will receive it with the bike.It can be registerd into your name.Also this bike will arrive with all the documentations required for registration.I will ship the bike for free via UPS AIR CARGO Service and you will have it in 3 days.I bought this bike from US,it has US clear title US emissions.
I will send you all papers and documents,clear title,bills of sale to prouve the ownership and to be able to register it with no problem.

Also,you have nothing to worry about this deal because will be done it in a secure way.This program is provided for free on all eligible passenger vehicle transactions completed on the eBay Motors site. There's no sign-up, opt-in, or registration necessary. Your passenger vehicle purchase is protected for up to $20,000 or the vehicle purchase price, whichever is lower.

Thank you!

P.S. I need your corect full name and shipping address in order to contact Ebay Motors and start our deal.</span></span>

Seems a little wierd to me, not to mention he sounds anxious to start the "deal". Funny, because I asked him fr a phone number the first email so I could call him about the bike.

Also....ITALY?!?!!??!? Why TF is the bike HERE in the US if he is in Italy?!?!?!?

<!--EDIT|Nijinsky3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116493193 -->

Always overseas, around $3k, excessive reassurance that all is legit... Stay away. Scam scam scam.

mad.gif

Oh, I figured as much....just wondering why they do this since everyone is on to them??

got a ton of those when I was lookin for mine. England, Italy, Germany, Spain....

Each an every one of 'em smelled like fish...

I've seen several motorcycle scams lately on ebay. Several were along the lines of "2004 GSXR1000. Mint. 375 miles. Buy it Now for $3500." If you wsrite them and ask, "why so cheap?" they write back with nonsense and they are always in Europe.

Run screaming from this nonsense. And report it to ebay. I've gotten several notices from ebay after they busted them. Ebay knew I had emeailed the poster. They actually steal the identities of legitimate ebay people, so the fact that they have a good record means nothing.

calling from the states to Italy you have to dial
01139, if his number starts with anything besides those numbers he must die!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Well before buying my 05 I seen an ad in a paper that I called about. Left an e-mail address for him to reply too. Watch out for those papers. This is how it went:

Hello,

How are you?
Sorry for the delay and thank you for your interest in my 2003 Suzuki Hayabusa.
This bike is powered by a 1300cc engine in great runing condition. It looks perfectly and runs acordingly. It is super clean, has excellent brakes and tires and is ready to ride. This is a great looking, great running bike. You will find no damages, scratches, cracked plastics or bent metals on it. Stored in a climate controlled garage its entire life. It carries the factory warranty. This bike is perfect in every way. Unable to tell from new!

Barely ridden by adult, kept in garage all the time. Only 1283 miles. Clear title in hand and ready to sign. Owners manual in English. Bill of sale provided once with the bike. I am the only owner.
All documents, including owner's manual in english, clear title and bill of sale will be provided along with the bike.

I am located in London, United Kingdom. I was promoted and I moved here last month with my family. I took the bike with me and I took great care of this beauty. Now I am looking for a sale because I have to put up a payment for my house and I need the cash.

I attached a few pictures of the bike. I have more, so just ask.
Get back to me asap so we can talk more.

Thank you!
Dan
My reply was it is still in Amarillo, here was his
Hi,

Yes I recently moved here in UK and I took the bike with me. I placed the ad in US newspapers because its easier to sell it there. The bike has an US title and its registered in US.
Shipping is to be handled with Lufthansa Cargo Air insured or FedEx/UPS Freight International. If you preffer another company I will deliver by them. I will cover shipping, handling and insurance.
All documents, including owner's manual in english, clear title and bill of sale will be provided along with the bike.

I ask US$5,000.00 dollars for the bike and i will support the shipping charges to your location with Lufthansa Cargo Air or FedEx Freight International. This is home delivery shipping.

Total price for this bike + shipping, handling and insurance is US$5,000.00

Shipping is maximum 4 days. The crate will be delivered directly home.

We can arrange a monthly payment if needed. Anyway I need a deposit first($2,000 at least) to be sure you will buy it and that you are really interested.

Thanks
Dan  

Then I declined and said there was too much internet fraud and I was no longer interested. here was his reply:

What kind of problems?
Anyway if you are interested I have references. I sold some things before over the internet. Most of these guys live in US.

Thanks
Dan
If you want some fun with him and he can be reached here is his e-mail:  Nlneve2@aol.com

Be careful out there.

The age old adage still applies;

"If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

stay away.

Back