E-Bay Scam

Truckracer

Registered
E-bay scam - Did he use pictures of your bike?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymot....7319552

The listing has been reported to E-bay so it may not be up for long.
It is funny how the listing description does not come close to the pictures.

Here's the e-mail reply if you contact him.

"Hello dear eBayer,

First of all let me tell you that I am pleased that are interested in my bike.

The 'pre-approved buyer' feature has been added to prevent non serious buyers from ending the auction early, I hope you have no problem with that.
You have to know that the bike I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. I am it's second owner, the first owner was my father.
I just moved to Greece because my wife is Greek and she wanted to be closer to her parents as they are old and very ill. The bike is here with us as well. We are expecting a baby in a few weeks and I really want to improve the old house we bought when we moved in time for the baby.

I have bought and registered the bike back in the United States , but unfortunately I wasn't able to register it here in Europe. For that I have pay a very big fee and I will also have to start an individual procedure for the vehicle through the Government and I really can't afford those expenses right now with the baby on the way.

Those are the reasons why the price I want for it is just $3,100.00 USD. Shipping will be done by boat and the bike will arrive in 5-7 days. The bike will be inssured at the shipping company for the transport. All documents, including owner's manual in english, clear title and bill of sale will be provided along with the bike.

The transaction will be made under eBay's buyer protection plan called Safe Pay Square Trade.

I'm a serious seller and a fair trader and I prefer to deal only with a serious buyer. If you consider yourself one please e-mail me back so we can start our deal.
So, please reply back with your full name and shipping address and your eBay username if you are really interested in purchasing this bike so we can start the arrangements!

My best wishes! "

rock.gif

His Ebay feedback appears to be great but this part kinda throws me for a loop***Baby is due in 2 weeks and he wants to improve the old house they moved in before the baby comes***.Come on now,how much work can a man do in 2 weeks with da wifey el-prego at home?
rock.gif
??

<!--EDIT|Gerald
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119402479 -->

His Ebay feedback appears to be great but this part kinda throws me for a loop***Baby is due in 2 weeks and he wants to improve the old house they moved in before the baby comes***.Come on now,how much work can a man do in 2 weeks with da wifey el-prego at home?
rock.gif
??
very true and will ship by boat 5 to 7 days have the boats gotten a lot faster ?
wink.gif

Oh man this is perfect! I just e-mailed hem and asked where the bike is located. I hope he gives me the same bull about Greece. See, I will be there next week for vacation (I am a Greek-American and know both countries and their laws equally well) to see my family. I will ask for a face to face sale!
tounge.gif
wow.gif

they still legitimate ebay user accounts so they have positive feedback ratings and you western union the money most of the time..

i'm messed with those dudes before.. you can string them along for weeks before they finally give up on ever getting the money... do a search for cycletrader scams and you may find the thread.. i posted up the exchange from a few of them.. pretty fun if you have a weird sense of humor and 20minutes a day to waste emailing them back.

This scam is also showing up on Auto and cycle Trader as well. There was a news story here not too long ago about some lady in the Seattle area who fell for it and lost 6500 "buying" a Subaru WRX whose owner just happened to be in Europe.

buyer beware.

This listing (4557319552) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.

I wish these guys would get a hint. It's not going to work anymore. I feel bad for all of those who have fell for them before.

Back