another busa fer me?

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
toasted my gsx-r1000 , now kinda thinkin about a Busa again to kinda get me to chill a tad.

wadda ya think?

had an 05' put 11k on it in a year, it was fun.

put about that on the gixxxer 1K I bought before I toasted it.

thoughts?

Get on one!!! It's good to hear you're ok and thinking about riding again.
biggrin.gif

Just awesome knowing that you're not gonna let a big accident keep ya down. Busa sounds great. 08 I presume?

BV......of course, get the Busa. It keeps me in check. Well kinda.....

You are very fortunate that you have ridden both.....no one better than you can make that decision.

DD

James

You would have fun on a Busa, but a litre bike is more your style
all_coholic.gif

Maybe I just learned to use the 1000s p/w ratio to my advantage but never really dug into the Busa's potential.
well I did a tad but never like on my 1000.
hmmmmm..

after reading the other post for the first time the other day i would like to say good on you for getting back in the saddle
super.gif

i like you had a bad accident and ive just got back in the saddle myself [ a busa trike though]
you wont regret it once a biker allways a biker its in your blood
good luck and enjoy
beerchug.gif

(BentValve @ Oct. 14 2006,20:16) Maybe more time on a Busa would make me a better rider?
No...you would be wantin' to get rid of it...too heavy and crappy brakes
sad.gif

Good to hear youu,re thinkn about ridn again BV. I too had a bad accident years ago, on crutches 2 years. I had the bike fixed 8 mo. later, even though I coulbn,t ride, MUCH, with 1 good leg, I too, decided it was part of rideing a bike, but I know the acc. probably saved my life later on because of what I learned from it.
I say get another bike, Busa or not, If and when YOU feel comfortable about it.
Keep usw posted.

bentvalve besides lightest flickable and better handling what is it like to ride the 1000. does it feel that much faster or what i'm thinkin of getting one,but i dont want to waste my money if it's not worth it. my friend has an 05 zx10 and when we race i can pull him by abuot 2-3 bike lengths when we are done, that what he says he's behind me.

cograts on your speedy recovery BV.

those liter bikes are too small for my big body, although i do like them A LOT. your fit your choice.

let us know the difference.

BV, glad to hear the time is here for you to be considering your options for another mule. I would love to say get this bike or that one, but as you know its all personal choice. I get the opportunity to ride my buddies GSXR1k (05) and another ones 06 CBR1000RR, of the two, I like the feel of the CBR. Looks wise the GSXR is all over it, but looks dont win races, and looks dont let you flip from a hard left decreasing radius turn to a transition right etc.. I'll stick with my Busa...way mroe comfortable (getting older comfort means more) and I enjoy the repression of p/w ratio, keeps me in check at times. Good luck buddy and let us know whats up.

p.s. after seeing a new 06 LE here for under 10k I thought about buying another Busa!

Good to hear you're back in good spirits, too! I don't think the Busa will keep you more in check; that's up to you. So I say get the bike that fits you better. No sense being unhappy and uncomfortable. Good luck!

Welcome back and congrats on your recovery.
beerchug.gif
Only you can make the call for your next ride; more street use or track bike? It is funny how the busa will be a step down in performance for you, but John Q Public considers it insanely fast and a death wish.

(Hayabusa-J.R. @ Oct. 15 2006,06:01) bentvalve besides lightest flickable and better handling what is it like to ride the 1000. does it feel that much faster or what i'm thinkin of getting one,but i dont want to waste my money if it's not worth it. my friend has an 05 zx10 and when we race i can pull him by abuot 2-3 bike lengths when we are done, that what he says he's behind me.
Hmm, way lighter is a big difference,no it dont feel much faster than the Busa but its a different ride altogether.

Both bikes are enjoyable ,both are fast as hell.

I like the smaller size of the gsxr1000 , with the lighter bike you can bail yourself out of certain bad situations , at the same time you get get yourself into deep ,, bad ones as well since the Gixxer still puts out Busa kinda power and does have a faster rev which can equal faster into ****! View attachment 927852

I still feel I could be happy on either , the gixxer is an aweful lot of street bike, so is the Busa but its a street bike, the Gixxer is almost a race bike out of the box.
The Busa is still a monster that can get ya in trouble but
it is a little more forgiving in street bike situations.

Back