Another biker dead

proud dad

Registered
My youngest is a cook at a local bar.He tells me when people are plasturd drunk,they don't let them leave.One slipped out of the bar.Jumped on his Harley,and crossed the street and into a ditch and fell over.Dead instantly.LEO's are stratching their head trying to figure out what happened.He was moving slow.If he had a helmet on,he would have not been hurt.
Just another one that thinks he's to cool to where a helmet.Now he's dead.Being drunk didn't help at all.It just cost him his life.

RIP my condolences go out to the famliy.

I also hope the bar does not pay any consequences for him getting out and leaving drunk.

I feel sorry for his family.

What is sad are the choices he made.

The real issue here is the hardley riders that feel its cool to get drunk and ride their bikes from point A to point B.

Another invincible drunk becomes a statistic!

I am happy no one else was drug into the grave with this idiot!

Thinning of the gene pool!

You should re-title the thread

"Another DRUNK Biker Dead!"
mad.gif

Cookie is right, at least noone else was drug into the grave by this irresponsible jerk! No helmet, no sympathy! Still sucks though!

I've always felt like the best place to bust drun drivers is just outside the bar. I wouldn't have a problem at all with officers giving breath tests a mile down the road. Then we would see less crap like we just read about.

You can't make good decisions when your drunk. The bad decision he made was to ride the bike to a bar where he would be drinking! I still feel for his family.

Just wondering
wink.gif
, but if he was going slowly, what did he die from
rock.gif
? From your discription, he just rode across the street slowly, went into a ditch and fell over. Is that why the LEO's are wondering what happen ? If it was a broken neck, I doubt a helmet would have helped  
sad.gif

(DaCol. @ Jun. 23 2007,20:45) Just wondering
wink.gif
, but if he was going slowly, what did he die from
rock.gif
? From your discription, he just rode across the street slowly, went into a ditch and fell over. Is that why the LEO's are wondering what happen ? If it was a broken neck, I doubt a helmet would have helped  
sad.gif
head injuries

(Cookie @ Jun. 23 2007,13:15) I feel sorry for his family.

What is sad are the choices he made.

The real issue here is the hardley riders that feel its cool to get drunk and ride their bikes from point A to point B.

Another invincible drunk becomes a statistic!

I am happy no one else was drug into the grave with this idiot!

Thinning of the gene pool!
WTF makes you think it is only the Harley riders that do this? Besides I have seen plenty of Squids going down the road looking to eliminated from the gene pool.

I rode all day with my Harley friends and none of them wore helmets or crash gear; it doesn't seem very fashionable for cruisers.
all_coholic.gif

(Big Red @ Jun. 23 2007,18:44) I rode all day with my Harley friends and none of them wore helmets or crash gear; it doesn't seem very  fashionable for cruisers.
all_coholic.gif
I hear that those sleeveless leather vests do offer quite a bit of protection though...

I think you are missing the point here.......
As a Harley owner and a Busa owner I always advocate
the wearing of proper gear, the fact that this rider
was impaired is most likley the cause of his misfortunes.....
My thoughts and prayers are with his greaving loved ones
that are left to deal with the tragity....... No one is exempt from
a early exit from life, but you should make sure that you try to
protect yourself. Never, Never, Never, get on your bike if you've
been partying (Drinking or partaking in other libations)........

(hayadooin @ Jun. 23 2007,21:51) I think you are missing the point here.......
+1  

Here is some interesting information from the MSA and NHTSA.

• Forty-five percent of motorcycle operators killed in single vehicle crashes, and 62 percent killed in weekend-night, single vehicle crashes, were intoxicated (Traffic Safety Facts, 1998).

• Helmet use rates for intoxicated motorcyclists are lower than for those who are sober. Impaired motorcyclists involved in crashes are more likely to be speeding than those not drinking (Traffic Safety Facts, 1998).

I tried to find more recent information at the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the National Traffic Saftey Administration but thought this was some interesting data.  Seems when you drink you think you don't need a helmet.

I feel for the family and friends of this poor soul, but it demonstrates that you should never ride without proper protection....especially for my head.

(dmrowe @ Jun. 23 2007,23:40)
(hayadooin @ Jun. 23 2007,21:51) I think you are missing the point here.......
+1  

Here is some interesting information from the MSA and NHTSA.

• Forty-five percent of motorcycle operators killed in single vehicle crashes, and 62 percent killed in weekend-night, single vehicle crashes, were intoxicated (Traffic Safety Facts, 1998).

• Helmet use rates for intoxicated motorcyclists are lower than for those who are sober. Impaired motorcyclists involved in crashes are more likely to be speeding than those not drinking (Traffic Safety Facts, 1998).

I tried to find more recent information at the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the National Traffic Saftey Administration but thought this was some interesting data.  Seems when you drink you think you don't need a helmet.

I feel for the family and friends of this poor soul, but it demonstrates that you should never ride without proper protection....especially for my head.
+2

Back