Another 2009 Tail on a 2000....

Now this is what I want to do to my 05. Where did you get the parts from?

I got them from Horsinaround, he is building a drag bike and I bought all his parts...

You can put a hump on the Gen tail and yes will look better, but you see how our nose slopes down well now the tail also does to and it really matches very well.

I have the complete Gen 1 tail just incase any one needs it mint shape...

So u also need the gen2 seat and hump right? You think there would be a problem with my high mount exhaust or are the pegs from gen2 in the same position as the gen1?

So u also need the gen2 seat and hump right? You think there would be a problem with my high mount exhaust or are the pegs from gen2 in the same position as the gen1?

The gen 1 seat goes on the gen 2 but does not look good, when you do the 08/09 tail you need all the parts off the 08/09...

I think they both look like crap with the rear seat on and then they both look great with the hump dont know that I would ever change mine. Great job though.

i almost bought an 08, but fell for a blue 07. one thing i really liked about the 08 was the tail. now that i know its can be done, and its easy thats just the icing in the cake!
i really really love what you have done with your bike/s. thank you very much for shareing this really cool mod!
:bowdown::beerchug::thumbsup::cheerleader::bowdown:

IMG_7951.jpg

I went the other way what you don't see in the picture is the strait on shoot from the back if you did it would not look as good..
It looks like an old VW bug. Also he should show both without the seat. The hump makes a big difference . And guy with the 99 busa be warned you will be adding 7lbs about to you bike in weight switch to the new tail. Also if your streched you'll not like it cause it will rub like crazy . If they would not have made it point down the way they did it would have been a much better tail. Hope you enjoy.

Last edited:
super nice! am looking to this as well.:thumbsup:

You will love the weight loss also the bike is in the lowest three hole selection
and look at all the room left. And don't forget all the storage space you'll gain.
The new tail seem to be for guy how like to put fat tires on and not race if you race then lower it was a problem for me it would rub real bad as you can see from other peoples post. I thought about an extended genII tail but it look more like a duck beak.

Back