Another 2009 Tail on a 2000....

Highway

Registered
Ok all this is my second time I put a 08/09 Tail on a Gen. 1 Busa, I love the way the 08/09 tail looks.
If you look real good it matches the front how it slopes down, its a very easy install all bolts up with no cutting or modding, all you need is the 08/09 subframe, passenger peg mounts and pegs and 08/09 stock undertail or a tigertail, what do you all think... Before and after pics...

muuuu.jpg

sawerty.jpg

That is amazing! To see the before & after pictures over & under like that really shows what a huge difference there is. The GenII rear flows a lot better and finishes the shape of the bike, whereas the GenI rear is stubby and looks incomplete. Crazy how many people dislike the GenII tail....now that I see that comparison I couldn't disagree more.

Nice work! :beerchug:

This is happening this summer!!! Too bad my plastics are at paint right now. :banghead:Oh well, color matching white will be easy.

i like it. i never thought about swapping the tail before, and now that i see the outcome, it realy does seem to flow better :thumbsup:

i really gotta find a GenII tail section. I have a 99 copper/silver and think the newer tail would really set it apart. look great

Back