Aluminium  subframe

bikerboy_ie

Registered
I'm planning on doing a bit of touring around France and Italy this summer with my g/f. I've heard stories that the aluminium subframe on the 00 model which I have is not very strong. I'll have two corbin beetle bags, a top box and herself all on the back. Should I invest in a steel subframe?

i would just take the chance and use your aluminium frame, i think its a more of hit and miss on the frame breaking. check your welds you should be ok
im sure theres someone on here that will trade you in a heartbeat there steel one for yours.

That is exactly the type of use that was causing the cracking which promptd Suzuki to make the change. You should be able to find a late model subframe. It is an easy swap. The one you have is worth 2-3 times the steel one.

Both sub frames are rated for the same load,,,steel will bend,,aluminum will crack at the welds,,,with my girl on the back i'd rather have a bender
beerchug.gif

i have the ally sub an done 2 up fully loaded round spain for 3 weeks no problem an plenty other shorter trips too...if it ain't snapped by now on a bike 7 years old then you should be fine

how are you getting your bike there? how about insurance? any price on that? i'd be interested in doing so down the road...

oh btw, watch out for those radars in france, they're all over the side of the road now (just make sure you pop the front wheel up and hand'em over the finger while they take the pretty picture... and lock that busa, their model is limited at 106HP so I'm sure they'll be dreaming about those 170+ ponies!

Back