Rear Subframe Question

cruzinZ

Registered
I saw a posting about the rear subframe being weak on the GenII busa. From what I've seen it looks like the guys who posted this up were all in Europe. Anyone in the States have problems with rear subframes cracking due to excessive weight (luggage) or riding 2 up with a passenger. From what I've read some guys have had problems riding solo without any additional weight on the back. Someone mentioned a steel rear subframe from suzuki but I'm not sure if this was miss information or not?

I'm seriously looking into getting an '08 (used) and would like to use it for sport touring with my girlfriend. Also thinking about getting the beetle bags for it.

Does anyone have any further information on this topic?

Thanks,

cruzinZ

I saw a posting about the rear subframe being weak on the GenII busa. From what I've seen it looks like the guys who posted this up were all in Europe. Anyone in the States have problems with rear subframes cracking due to excessive weight (luggage) or riding 2 up with a passenger. From what I've read some guys have had problems riding solo without any additional weight on the back. Someone mentioned a steel rear subframe from suzuki but I'm not sure if this was miss information or not?

I'm seriously looking into getting an '08 (used) and would like to use it for sport touring with my girlfriend. Also thinking about getting the beetle bags for it.

Does anyone have any further information on this topic?

Thanks,

cruzinZ

It was the "Gen1" Busa...1999-2000 models had a aluminum subframe. Since 2001 they are all steel :beerchug:

Gen 1 busa... even though my 2000 has an aluminum subframe ive jumped on it riden two up for miles loaded it...still strong...just some particular bikes had issues...GenII is steel

Back