almost rode the bike

1127 TO 1299

Registered
I didn't ride the bike since last January.
When I went to start the bike, no juice at all.
The starter won't even crank.
So I used my volt meter == 5volt
Jump start the bike with my car, she starts no problem.
Remove the jumper cables and she dies instantly.
Jump start again but let the battery charge for some time.
Remove the cable, she still runs.
Get on the bike after installing the seat, put her in first gear and dies again.
Now I am pissed, it's so nice outside. I see a 05 busa passing in the street red and black)
I have to get her going.
No I take the battery inside put it on the charger and it's dead. Will charge a little but as soon as I unhook it, I see the voltage dropping slowly.
3 months of inactivity killed my battery.
Now I kick myself for not taking the battery inside once a week and put it on the trickle charger.

NOW I am looking for a replacement, I see lots of you have the YTZ14-S but nowhere it says it's compatible with the busa, it's compatible with the Honda ST1300.

Do you see any issues?

Thanks

I looked at the spec of the YTZ14-S and it's a bit bigger that the YT12A-BS.

Any problem fitting it in the bike?

Anyone,
rock.gif
Bueller
rock.gif

rock.gif

Just take the battery to Advance Auto Parts and match it up. That would be the easiest and the cheapest!!! Dont go to the dealer!!!!

I thought I had this problem, but found that leaving my scorpio armed for periods of time actually drained the battery.

My battery died 2 weeks before i got home from deployment. Went to the dealer and spent the $90.00 on a new battery. But before i go on deployment again im going to get one of those trickel chargers that you leave on your bike and has a quick disconnect.

Battery Specifications are as follows:

Yuasa YT12A-BS

12v 9.5Ah
175 Cold Crank Amps
6" x 3 7/16" x 4 3/16" (L x W x H)

Yuasa YTZ14-S

12v 11.2Ah
230 Cold Crank Amps
6" x 3 7/16" x 4 3/8" (L x W x H)

Back