Almost got taken out!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
Out riding Palomar Mtn., going down east grade, just finished a tight right hander setting up for the next left corner...and...yikes...a sport bike going the opposite direction is crossing the double yellow and continuing to come further into my lane. I shut down the bike(cut the throttle) and swerve to the white line next to the shoulder and we miss smacking mirrors by no more than 6 inches(probably closer than that). It was really close and happened very quickly. Then I look in my mirror thinking that Rich(BA Busa) is riding behind me and I see the idoit still in my lane but can't see Rich. So I slow down and Rich does come around the corner, whew. Later at the next stop Rich and talk about the idoit and he said the guy was dead center in our lane and hadn't even swerved back over to his lane yet. I remember thinking that the guy has plenty of lean left, no reason he can't correct and keep it in his lane unless he can't ride twisties... When the idoit and I passed each other, he was still coming further into my lane!
Some things are all about timing, if I had been just a little bit later, I'd been hosed. Maybe a second later, I could have swerved inside of him, but somewhere inbetween..... you need some time to react! Same with Rich, if he had been right behind me......

Anyway, just another reason to not ride to the limit of your abilities in the canyons, allways save yourself some extra, you just never know.

The Palomar Mountains are really going down hill. I wouldn't be surpised if CHP shut it down for the rest of the summer- at least to bikers. To many accidents this years.
Glad you're Ok.

The Palomar Mountains are really going down hill. I wouldn't be surpised if CHP shut it down for the rest of the summer- at least to  bikers.  To many accidents this years.
Glad you're Ok.
Not just Palomar, the crest and other SoCal local ride spots are having a lot of fatalities.

Its a shame...

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119955231 -->

Wow, talk about a close call there Charles, glad nothing happened at all.

Good move on your part to avoid the crash . a jeweler here in jackson got tboned by another bike up in tenn. lost his leg the squid that goes by the name mudslide walks away unhurt aint that some shid?

That's a little to close, glad you came out of it with no issues, except maybe wondering who the idiot was. Nothing to that extent but the other day I was making a right hand turn into a parking lot, had turn signal on (there not that big) and had my left arm up and signaling right hand turn, slowed down and started the turn when I hear tires locked up and see the front tire of another bike next to my right leg, straightened her out and took the next entrance. The kid on the bike followed me in a apologized for what happened. He was trying to catch up and was going to fast. On top of that new rider, first bike. At least he stopped and apologized, I was little angry.

Glad it all turned out okay.
cool.gif

Glad to hear your okay. That's one of the reasons MFC teaches a "Never cross the yellow line" subject. The other rider would have likely died if a car or truck was there instead of you.

Yeah, sometimes I wonder what happens to "those guys" that use up the entire road...thank goodness you avoided an accident...
blush.gif

glad you missed him.
wow.gif
He's lucky you were on your bike and not in a car.

what a friggin a-hole....

Fugger shoudl get off the road if he can't ride. Both of you were lucky....

Fuggin squid....he's lucky you weren't driving a tour bus...

Back