Almost a victim

fast08busa

Professional Pilot kinda sorta
Registered
So i commute everyday to work about 45 miles one way. Most of the time the ride is uneventful and I get to my destination safely. I was riding home in the HOV lane (far inside lane for carpool or motorcycles) and I see a car approaching from my rear. Next thing I know, I watch this car swerve into my lane. I immediately swerve onto the shoulder am watching what this car is doing. As it gets back in the lane next to the HOV, It pulls up alongside me and I look over to see 3 teenagers in this red taurus. They are all looking at me and laughing, then the driver jerks the car in my direction!!!!!! I immediately downshift and try and leave the situation as fast as possible.

I just cannot believe these kids thought almost causing a person simply riding home to their family funny. What is the problem with kids nowadays???? I am strongly thinking about open carrying on the motorcycle from now on not so much as to defend myself but maybe it would be somewhat of a warning device.

i had a car of kids do something like that to me once.... they won't do it again... and there parents were not happy about how there escalade that they let them barrow looked when when they brought it home

I am strongly thinking about open carrying on the motorcycle from now on not so much as to defend myself but maybe it would be somewhat of a warning device.

I think this is a great idea. I am sure they travel the same road as you and you might see them again. I am just glad it turned out ok

glad you are ok man. Keep an eye out you may see it again with a plate and or a parent :)

be safe folks

Good that your okay.

You would be surprised how many people back off when you start digging around in your jacket pocket....Strangest thing about ball bearings and windsheilds, who knew? :whistle:

Lynne and me was in town the other day went to take off and the bike stalled, caught me by surprise and I nearly dropped it, about six kids just started laughing and shouting at us.
I can't understand it, laughing at other peoples misfortune. Lets just say a few choice words were said.
You have to keep your wits about you anyway, and you can do without people doing things on purpose to you.
Anyway glad your ok.

That is totally messed up.. Bad enough avoiding accidents and you have these clowns doing s*&t on purpose...Karma will catch up to them you'll see.
E

you did the right thing, just getting away and avoiding the problem is the best, and if your lucky enough to get a plate number then maybe you can call highway patrol, and i had a group of guys in a van from arizona throw full beer cans at me going down the highway one night, they thought it was really funny till i got aways ahead of them and found a sheriff, needles to say their little fun cost them dearly.

Glad you're OK man. That really sucks. Close calls are scary, I've had my share. They happen often enough by accident. We sure don't need a$$holes like that on the road. I wish I could carry on my commute as well but my employer doesn't allow them on the premises.

With gloves etc, I'm not carrying my M&P 9mm compact. But the Taurus Ultralight snubby with .38+P rounds will do nicely. I'm going to start packing too I think. That .38 barks pretty well with the +P loads. Plus it is glove friendly!

Back