People just dont care anymore

00busaTX

aegri somnia, and proud member of P. E. A.
Donating Member
Registered
I am very sick of people just not caring about how they drive.  If someone doesn't see me or there is a close call between me and another vehicle, I generally take the attitude of no harm no foul as long as I get a "oops, I am sorry" look or something.

But this morning I hit full road rage anger!!!!!!

I am sitting at a stop light on the frontage road of a highway facing east in the right lane.  The light turns green and I go.  Not fast or crazy, I am just driving to work.  Coming northbound, this guy in an Isuzu trooper is turning right (which merges into my lane).  I see him coming and not slowing so I swerve into the middle lane (there is 3 lanes) and he keeps coming.  After he decides what lane he wants to be in I drive up beside him and do the shoulder shrug like WTF?  

He shrugs his shoulders and mouths F&*K YOU to me.  

Here is the part that I should not have done but, yeah I gave him the bird, and started driving next to him and then behind him.  I was following him for a while, and his bad a@@ attitude went to "oh no, this guy is nuts, how am I going to get out of this."  After he took a few eratic turns trying to get away from me, I just went to work.  

People should at least care that they almost killed someone.  

Sorry so long but it has been over 2 hours and I am still boiling.
AAAssjani.gif

Dude I drive a tractor trailer combo, and people do the same crap to big trucks. Darwin at work I guess. Watch your ass and be careful.

guns.gif

A 18 wheeler tried to push me out of my lane one night going to work[turn lane]he kept creeping out into my lane trying to push me over a lane.Not going to happen cause I am turning.He kept coming,relized I wasn't moving over so he kept moving but on the median.I had the green light he didn't.I never dropped below 35.
My wife was impressed that I stood my ground when I told her about it.A big rig tried to push me around and I didn't let him.And I was on my VTX at the time.
wow.gif

Ever consider he didnt see you ? Playing a dangerous game around trucks. If a tire comes apart while your holding your ground, that will be all for you. I never hang along side trucks. Real bad idea.

he saw me,looked me in the eye.I work on big rigs for a living,I know what I see around them
I was heading north at this spot,he was turning north in my lane.[better picture]

I don't mess around with big trucks or cars...I just do my best to avoid them in a bad situation. With their size advantage there is no way to "win.
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
"

(DREW @ Aug. 09 2007,10:19) Ever consider he didnt see you ? Playing a dangerous game around trucks. If a tire comes apart while your holding your ground,  that will be all for you. I never hang along side trucks. Real bad idea.
I have this happen several times a month if not more. Someone coming into my lane without looking. I sound the horn and take evasinve manuvers. OK, they didn't see me, but now they know there is a bike in the vacinity and will be more careful...NOT. They come back over on me in less the 100 yards. I guess they figure now I know they want my lane and I've had time to get out of their way. The only reason I'm not road kill is that I do not ride beside other vehiclesany longer than I have to to get past them, and I've come to expect the second attack.

I had two occurrences this week... The first was with a landscaping truck making an illegal right turn while I had the left turn arrow... I was in my jeep with my daughter in the car seat... they missed me by about 8 inches... the guy was screaming at me up until I started to get out (stupid) and he suddenly shut up. I got back in and left.

Then today some Main line house frau kept drifting into my lane while she was yapping on her cell phone... I beeped and when she looked at me I swerved over to her causing her to overreact and bump a curb... I never left my lane and had a car coming at me the opposite way... She actually had me a quarter into the oncoming lane so I didn't feel bad almost recking her.

As long as my kid or anyone else for that matter isn't in the car and I am in the right I am willing to put a person into the wall... therapy hasn't helped me at all in this regard and to be completly honest I really am trying to fix it. Anger while driving is a serious issue with me. Unless your old then I cut you slack but if you are young, middle aged, inattentive and/or driving like an ass I will roll the dice and take the hit just to F the person. Stupid I know.

Oddly enough on the bike I am very forgiving.

Just this past weekend I was riding on the highway behind a woman on her cell phone. As if that wasn't bad enough she was an out of state driver. We were going around 55 in the fast lane, posted limit is 60. So I'm riding close hoping she'll relize to get over and let me pass. When what does she do, not knowing I'm behind her, she decides to clean her windshield for about 10 seconds. I was completely soaked. So I sped up on the side of her and raised both arms to symbolize the WTF response and she didn't even relize what she did. Even though I was wiping washer fluid of my visor. Cagers SUCK!!!!!!

I'm going to make a Baton holster on my bike, so when some a-ho p.o.'s me off, I'll just whiz by on the right and take off their side view mirror.
Bu Bye dum dum.
firedevil.gif

let's not forget that all these OTHER rude people are YOU AND I. Change will only come about if it is started by someone like us. I usually go out of my way to be OBVIOUSLY and PUBLICAL polite to others in traffic. I only draw the line exiting large parkign lots... you know... when you need to let a car or two in front of you, but you don't spot and allow that whole section to exit before you. Otherwise, let people in front of you, don't compete, snile and wave, let others turn first... maybe some of that niceness will rub off instead of the other way around: someone does something stupid [maybe because they simply are stupid] and you get made and take it out on him or teh next guy - accomplishes nothing more than telling yoru psychie it's OK to get made and rage like that, when the exact opposite should be the case. Want a better life? Don't stress... AT ALL. How to not stress? Keep reality in perspective: would the stress of making that next light REALLY help out in life, versus NOT having the stress of worrying about it?

People are dumb because maybe they have never had a good example of NOT being dumb.

Be that example.

It starts with US.

(Rayabusa0818 @ Aug. 09 2007,11:34) I don't mess around with big trucks or cars...I just do my best to avoid them in a bad situation. With their size advantage there is no way to "win.
lurk.gif
all_coholic.gif
"
+1 its just not worth it, sure they might get a dent in their car but you be a nice splat on the pavement. Not worth it.

I agree, you are going to loose and what if you do take vengeful action and that driver decides to follow you and then plow into you. He could have an arguement because you took off his rearview mirror.

As much as people piss you off on the road, count to ten take a step back and relax. Multitude of reasons why people act the way they do. Just Ride it out.

Back