Allstate insurance

Yes, I was distinctly unimpressed with Progressive -- I filled out their web site form, including that I was getting full coverage with $250 deductible for $650/year (from State Farm, by the way), and yet their best effort was $1500+.

Now, this was a few months ago -- maybe State Farm has figured out what a GSX-1300R is by now.

I've seen previous posts that claimed rates down in the $300-$400 range for full coverage. I checked with the local Alstate agent and he's quoting me over $800 and I don't have any tickets plus I'm old now (30). What do I do??? If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

It all depends on your location. I live in KY now but did live in IL. My ins. was $266 year full coverage but no medical for passenger. It would have been $349. Now I have moved I expect that it will be going up. I had to do some fast talking to get those rates though. I will post the detail later.

Just paid mine yesterday. $418 per year 100/300/100, $500 deductable. Includes uinsured and underinsured motorist coverage. I am 36, married, no kids, no tickets......yet!

Oh this is from State Farm. Progressive wouldn't even give me a quote because I live in West Virginia!

I just paid mine Tues. I am 24 yrs. old with no tickets and it was $600.00/ 6 mo. from State Farm. Is there anyone my age that has a better rate out ther?

I am 25 married. I have State Farm and pay $388 per year. Clean record. The trick is State Farm only looks back 3 years on driving record where many others look back 5. What I do is eliminate all medical coverage for me and my passenger because I have medical insurance through work that will pay as many of you do. Then what you do is drive your deductible as high as you are willing to go. If you drop that bike you deserve to pay. At least that's my logic. Remeber this is the fastest production bike made. Someone has to catch you to hit you.

at the tender age of 40 mines £313 with suzuki insurance (but has to have a approved alarm/immobilser and be locked in a brick built garage 10pm to6am (if its at home )

I don't know if I am getting a fair deal or ripped-off, but here in the Far North where the cycles roar in the Midnight Sun, I get charged $40.00 a month. No discounts for the winter, You can only ride up here about 6 months out of the year but they charge for the full year saying they spread it out (the payments) to "make it easier on you". So what their saying is it is really $80.00 a month for six months. This is for someone past his mid-thirties with a perfect driving record and has been with State Farm for 9 yrs. I think alot of you are getting off cheap! and should be happy. I won't even get into what they charge for car insurance, it's criminal!

I'm paying $33/month, full coverage, $250 deductible with State Farm. I called them before buying the bike and was completely honest with them about this bike. I didn't want any surprises after buying the bike. She asked me if it had a turbo. I said, "lets assume it does" (At the time I didn't know if it did). She said, "Costs the same". I said "thank you" with a big grin and proceeded to write the check. I'm almost 40, clean record and live in the Seattle area.

[This message has been edited by Busa Dude (edited 20 August 1999).]

Back